Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Sale at Item Shop?

Thumbs down Christmas Sale at Item Shop?

My first Christmas season in AoC. I was expecting a sale on FunCom points. Maybe a discount on the bigger point packages or something special for this joyous time of year

I have to admit, after the patch, I was really disappointed that there were no specials in the Item Shop.

Just like thanksgiving; I don't think you'll see a sale for a holiday that caters to only a select group of people ...

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

They'd have to do them for all religious holidays then.

AoC is running on servers in the US therefore the game should be centered around American Holidays. Though some of you are playing within your respective foreign country, because your virtual characters are digitally represented on Servers residing within the US, you are therefore American virtual citizens and thus American Holidays trump your so called foreign holidays. Besides, let's be honest, your foreign holidays are weak by comparison to our Mighty USA Holidays! True story bro!

So what about other countries holidays. It's USA that matters!

So Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Oh and where's my special gifts and holiday pricing Funcom???

Then why is there no really fat player characters in the game ?
    Argument invalid.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Just like thanksgiving; I don't think you'll see a sale for a holiday that caters to only a select group of people ...

They don't have to call it Christmas. They can just celebrate the new year or a generic winter holiday. Besides, they do events for Halloween and Christmas/winter holidays are far more widely celebrated than Halloween. I would guess that at least 90% of the game population celebrates some sort of winter holiday.

You can celebrate the Pagan Winter Solstice by dancing around a fire and using the kiloton of firework we got at some past event.

Mitra Priest are not allowed. They ruin the fest by screaming at people for heresy.

Just curious: Is there a law against doing too much advertising? A theory in business science?

Any argument that speaks against at least adding a message in the launcher about ANY major holiday and special offers?

Does this rule out christmas offers (sale offers! not events!) on similar holidays throughout the world, be they of african, australian, asian, american or european origin?
    And before you say "then they could offer sales everyday"...no, just look at international business calendars and then just at the major ones.

That's one approach...another could be like a lot of stores do and linke special offers to the seasons (that why i mentioned the first sentence, because in europe there have been laws governing special offer sales).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th December 2013 at 06:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Then why is there no really fat player characters in the game ?
    Argument invalid.
    There is still oil in Turan that haven't been confiscated by Aquillonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    AoC is running on servers in the US therefore the game should be centered around American Holidays. Though some of you are playing within your respective foreign country, because your virtual characters are digitally represented on Servers residing within the US, you are therefore American virtual citizens and thus American Holidays trump your so called foreign holidays. Besides, let's be honest, your foreign holidays are weak by comparison to our Mighty USA Holidays! True story bro!

So what about other countries holidays. It's USA that matters!
    Christmas are hardly USA holidays. But yeah - dont feel the trollz...I am so stupid!
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast