Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: white sands level 80

Only way we would know why it was closed is if a dev posts it, and I doubt Funcom would allow that. Otherwise its just speculation.

I think you are all missing the main point of why they opened White sands to all levels, There will be a world boss spawn in White snade in the future called "The Black One Overlord" or something like that. It was introduced on TL servers for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    I think you are all missing the main point of why they opened White sands to all levels, There will be a world boss spawn in White snade in the future called "The Black One Overlord" or something like that. It was introduced on TL servers for testing.
    This.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Sorry but it was closed for griefing. Hardcore farming of trialies.

We all know it.
    First you had enough players for uncontrolled open world pvp, but this comes with a constant leaving of frustrated players. Works, as long as there is influx, but then came what mysticblood said...decline of population in addition to the pvp griefing loss. This resulted in even worse griefing...and probably the wrong alt got griefed So it was both...pve errors, pvp errors and the flaw of the open pvp "system" to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    First you had enough players for uncontrolled open world pvp, but this comes with a constant leaving of frustrated players. Works, as long as there is influx, but then came what mysticblood said...decline of population in addition to the pvp griefing loss. This resulted in even worse griefing...and probably the wrong alt got griefed So it was both...pve errors, pvp errors and the flaw of the open pvp "system" to begin with.
    So basically what I said. It was closed because the newbies were griefed so much the population declined. AOC could not retain new players, a large prtion of the lack of retention due to the behaviour of vets vs trialies on WS.

The consequence system needs fixing or we will have a re-occurrence of the griefing we had before when pvp was enabled in this zone.

Nothing has changed. The players will go there and grief newbies if they are able to do so without any consequences.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

maybe instead of enable whitesands pvp (this allows players to attack players at anytime/anylevel) on set and fury they could open whitesands up on set where 95% of the population is. Just another thought... maybe allow bori playfield teleport out and minigame port. I avoid going there solely because of that stupid rule

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    So why waste a great opportunity on fixing the game, this is the perfect time to fix something that they messed up long ago
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

They already said they MIGHT open pvp on Fury...I seriously doubt they would do it on Crom, its a pve non open world pvp server.

If you want open world pvp then there are pvp servers. Leave Crom out of it, please. I do NOT want to do world bosses on a pvp server.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    They already said they MIGHT open pvp on Fury...I seriously doubt they would do it on Crom, its a pve non open world pvp server.

If you want open world pvp then there are pvp servers. Leave Crom out of it, please. I do NOT want to do world bosses on a pvp server.
    No doubt they would not open it on Crom, but for Fury and Rage it could make for some interesting PvP, especially during events.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    So why waste a great opportunity on fixing the game, this is the perfect time to fix something that they messed up long ago
    Because they only code for what they need to have accomplished for the Raid bosses event, not random requests by players.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast