Thread: Question for Devs concerning BoA

Default Question for Devs concerning BoA

Why is it that immunity does not prevent the KB from this "ability". It is not in line with other CC's because it does inflict physical damage to the person it affects. It is magic.

It would be nice if this was changed to test against a target's immunity rating.

Perhaps this would also alleviate some of the concerns other people have concerning the ridiculousness of the ability as well. The old BoA at least was granted from a combo so it made sense.

Thanks.

You should ask on the test-live forums. DEV's hardly ever if ever read these public forums. Though, I think you are mistaken, this ability does no damage at all. Its just a KB. The charge KB however, that can do around 1k dmg.

BoA isn't necessary magique. It's arguable.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

BoA is actually a powerful unicorn fart.

Are ranger traps magic too then ? Because well, they put something on the floor by raising hand to the air.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I think there was some feedback when the revamp was on testlive that BoA was resisted a lot. Maybe they removed some immunity check because of that.

@gcustoms : Thanks to you I see the class through a completely different point of view now, thanks
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Are ranger traps magic too then ? Because well, they put something on the floor by raising hand to the air.
    I don't know. Ranger traps aren't refreshed after every kill. Try it out for yourself and report back.

This has been fixed. Id rather check your target for "recently impaired", which is a 4 second cc immunity applied by the [We dont use that word. Drest] Throat Slash.
    Last edited by Drest; 20th December 2013 at 10:53.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    This has been fixed. Id rather check your target for "recently impaired", which is a 4 second cc immunity applied by the FUC*ING retarded Throat Slash.
    Haha, I think he's talking about a diff immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    BoA is actually a powerful unicorn fart.
    Very.

http://a1.s6img.com/cdn/0014/p/4691044_1809405_lz.jpg

I know he's talking about spell immunity, but that was "fixed" in 2nd conq revamp patch. So BoA should ignore immunity. It's easy to TS some1, though, and try to KB right afterwards, forgetting that you specced 3 points into improved TS, which is useless after they made silence a (lol) major cc