Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to make tos more viable in pvp

thats problem with most of clases, demo in t1 gear run out mana as well, so does ranger / barb run out of stamina without pots, unless u use predotary instict etc-..
    The Law

Demo run out mana only when is on chair or fight against BS.

Kasporio

Quote Originally Posted by Radianek View Post
    Demo run out mana only when is on chair or fight against BS.

Kasporio
    I run oom quite frequently on my demo, of course I avoid dying most of the time so when your stuck in combat for 5 or 6 minutes at a time it happens I suppose.\

Shammys and DT you can always tell when not to hit them, the smart ones stay by the group to prevent you from aoe, but you can pretty much avoid most of the drains. It's the in combat regen that gets you, and if I can't use demonic heart because of a pom I'm really screwed because without it you have almost no mana regen while in combat.

But this goes pretty much for all classes, I have the most trouble on my tos and necro because they are the worst geared. and the tos spells have a stupidly high cost.
    Doomsayer 2008

Every class in the game could be stronger and more viable. The truth is the tos is perfect, compared to other classes. It is the only class with sick buffs/debuffs, heals, and insane dps. Sure its not burst dps like a sin or ranger, but does have an invlun, that neither have.

Additionally, it is one of the strongest in pve. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say its the best in pve. It does die fast, if you don't know what you are doing though.

So while this thread is full of ideas that would make it OP, as the former advocate, I would never advocate any of this because it doesn't need it in the current state of the game.

@suctum - mana would be the only complaint, and its not really mana that is the issue, its the costs of spells. But poms have some high costs too.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Every class in the game could be stronger and more viable. The truth is the tos is perfect, compared to other classes. It is the only class with sick buffs/debuffs, heals, and insane dps. Sure its not burst dps like a sin or ranger, but does have an invlun, that neither have.

Additionally, it is one of the strongest in pve. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say its the best in pve. It does die fast, if you don't know what you are doing though.

So while this thread is full of ideas that would make it OP, as the former advocate, I would never advocate any of this because it doesn't need it in the current state of the game.

@suctum - mana would be the only complaint, and its not really mana that is the issue, its the costs of spells. But poms have some high costs too.
    My PoM had severe mana issues, especially since I prefer Vengeance. However, since I have gotten nearly a full set of SC gear and maxed AA, mana has not been an issue on my PoM for a long time.

Like I said, my ToS has 2 K6 pieces and the rest T1/T2 and blue accessories, if the spell costs were not so high I'd be ok with the mana, but with only 5.5k mana after one rotation your nearly spent. It's a gear issue more than anything, but cost wise the mana costs of ToS/PoM main spells are pretty high and should be looked at.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    My PoM had severe mana issues, especially since I prefer Vengeance. However, since I have gotten nearly a full set of SC gear and maxed AA, mana has not been an issue on my PoM for a long time.
    Very disturbing considering tribrid Veng/general has less mana issue than divinity since mana tools are easily reachable.

And SC set is the worst for mana management, it lacks wisdom. As Barre i would suggest Hyrkanian but in the other hand you have too few damage and hit rating.

Mana issues exists in PvP but it's the least of my problems actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Very disturbing considering tribrid Veng/general has less mana issue than divinity since mana tools are easily reachable.

And SC set is the worst for mana management, it lacks wisdom. As Barre i would suggest Hyrkanian but in the other hand you have too few damage and hit rating.

Mana issues exists in PvP but it's the least of my problems actually.
    I don't know about you, but my pom runs a dps spec for pve and if your doing dps properly and healing mana does get low. However, any K6 gear is superior to ant T1/T2 pve armor in every way, all it took was getting a full set and maxing out my AA points for conviction for my mana issues to go away.

Seeing as my ToS only has 2 K6 pieces, I'm sure once I get a full SC set and upgrade some of my accessories my mana problems will go away.

Also, if your doing any content above old world hit rating should be as important to you as wisdom and crit rating, for pve. As for gear, what would you suggest for a PoM/ToS over SC? Which set offers the same amount of DPS, hit rating, and crit rating? The hrykanian set has such a marginal surviabilty gap compared to SC for pvp, very little crit rating, and no hit rating at all. Honestly neither is ideal for pvp, but if I had to choose I'd stick with the SC circle gear.
    Last edited by Suctum; 14th December 2013 at 11:11.
    Doomsayer 2008

Tos is one of better/more balanced classes along with hox and barb I think in the end.

I have also serious mana issues with my PoM in tribrid (mostly veng/general), if i don't go SW like nuts looking for mana tap only.

I'm pretty sure the cause is the SC gear which have poor mana/wisdom stat on it.

I've compared with T3 raid PvE gear and i've less to almost no mana issue but ofc with the cost of DPS ^^

Oh well, it appears we're agreeing on the same thing

As for hit rating, i was talking about PvP, it's really annoying when this barb resist 3x your CC... So if you go Hyrkanian, you have to compensate the loss with accessories/weapons/aa which, in PvP, are not easily obtainable (pvp 3 to 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I have also serious mana issues with my PoM in tribrid (mostly veng/general), if i don't go SW like nuts looking for mana tap only.

I'm pretty sure the cause is the SC gear which have poor mana/wisdom stat on it.

I've compared with T3 raid PvE gear and i've less to almost no mana issue but ofc with the cost of DPS ^^

Oh well, it appears we're agreeing on the same thing

As for hit rating, i was talking about PvP, it's really annoying when this barb resist 3x your CC... So if you go Hyrkanian, you have to compensate the loss with accessories/weapons/aa which, in PvP, are not easily obtainable (pvp 3 to 5)
    Improved Conviction with 5 points is up about every 4 minutes. I'd lose the tri build and just go Vengeance/General, my pve spec I actually take Manifestation of Mithra which usually buys enough mana until I need conviction again.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast