Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to make tos more viable in pvp

how exactly are you running out of mana? unless there's a DT in the other team i never go below 80%

growing storm is a part of ANY build, so blue heals should not be a reason for mana issues

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    how exactly are you running out of mana? unless there's a DT in the other team i never go below 80%

growing storm is a part of ANY build, so blue heals should not be a reason for mana issues
    From what I have noticed the issue with mana is the in combat regens, when there is a 40 sec necro dot on you your mana drops to zero pretty fast and doesnt recover at all. If you jump in and out of combat once in a while with no dots on you mana restores fast and is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    From what I have noticed the issue with mana is the in combat regens, when there is a 40 sec necro dot on you your mana drops to zero pretty fast and doesnt recover at all. If you jump in and out of combat once in a while with no dots on you mana restores fast and is fine.
    This is pretty much the case.. dots preventing you to get out of combat. Or where you are back and forth against a team and don't die for a while staying in combat you will run out of mana.0

i understand the out of combat regeneration difference, but how do you get to the point of out of mana? pots+mana tap+growing storm is more than enough to keep your mana above 80% at all times, even during long combat durations.

hmm my guess is that you are casting a lot of blue heals without waiting for 3-4 stacks of growing storm

So your pvping in t1 pve gear the way I am? Go put some t1 pve gear on and some blue accessories and tell me how your mana is during a mini.

If I cast Blue Heal, Call Lighting, SF, SC, Charged Blast, and EF, I am well below half mana, if I cast the debuff I am at 25% mana on one rotation...
    Doomsayer 2008

i understand the out of combat regeneration difference, but how do you get to the point of out of mana? pots+mana tap+growing storm is more than enough to keep your mana above 80% at all times, even during long combat durations.

hmm my guess is that you are casting a lot of blue heals without waiting for 3-4 stacks of growing storm
    Because storm field is not a % of your mana its a fixed cost. When I started out on ToS I had 5k mana and it's 1k for SF. See the problem?

So as I was saying. Extend the duration of storm field by 10 seconds or cut the cost of the spell in half.

What is your total mana pool? I'll wager a guess and say you are in T4 with close to 8500 or 9000. Also meaning you get more back from taps because DPS is clearly higher in T4.
    Last edited by sanagav; 8th December 2013 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by sanagav View Post
    Because storm field is not a % of your mana its a fixed cost. When I started out on ToS I had 5k mana and it's 1k for SF. See the problem?

So as I was saying. Extend the duration of storm field by 10 seconds or cut the cost of the spell in half.

What is your total mana pool? I'll wager a guess and say you are in T4 with close to 8500 or 9000. Also meaning you get more back from taps because DPS is clearly higher in T4.
    This exactly. I think the pve crowd forgets the limitations of classes with bad gear, which pretty much sums up all gear prior to RoTG and 6-man gear.

Not everyone gets free t4 gear and spends 10+ hours a week doing multiple t4 runs or is on their guild's list to be a priority player to receive t3 crafted weapons. Basing a class's performance on only the best gear available is the bad pve elitism attitude that directly impacted the current gear inbalance in minis since you cannot understand that the class had a fundamental mana cost problem at it's core. That player just used brute force to compensate by getting the best gear available and is using that as a yardstick to judge how the class plays. Lame.

Like I said in a previous post, that player should go and put t1 pve armor on and see if you stay at 80% mana...
    Last edited by Suctum; 9th December 2013 at 02:58.
    Doomsayer 2008

These are good points Sanagav and Suctum.

It will be interesting to see in Unchained minis how powerful gear they'll give everyone.

It's a shame melees don't have any kind of stamina management.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    These are good points Sanagav and Suctum.

It will be interesting to see in Unchained minis how powerful gear they'll give everyone.

It's a shame melees don't have any kind of stamina management.
    And don't forget, there really is not any kind of "sprint" management as well. For the most part, you can sprint as long as you want without any negative benefit, and still have the dash ability to fall back on.

People can run one from one end of BR almost to the other without running out of the so called "tactical resource" which was supposed to make combat compelling. All it did was give everyone about equal movement and allow melee to have free roam of ranged classes without having any resource management at all, as stagger was not enough.

Not too mention with the removal of the old exhaustion debuff (minus evade, casting con, ect...) people do not care if they run out energy and pay no attention to it. Yet another layer of tactical management removed.

All the changes have resulted in dumbed down combat at it's best-nothing tactical or sped up about it, other than people running away relentlessly, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Suctum; 9th December 2013 at 05:33.
    Doomsayer 2008

in that case, i suggest getting some hyrkanian gear, it's the most useful kithai set for pvp (not including raid sets ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by sanagav View Post
    im pvping with pvp 10 gear, pvp 10 melee shield and t3 demo tali
    Last edited by Barrefaeli; 9th December 2013 at 07:07.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast