Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP - changes are coming p.II

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Back in days on Two Eagles were already zerg guilds "doing" minis 24/7 to get tokens (i.e. ppl signing minis and just doing flags fast without fighting), so will be same story again. Its funny that been no pvp content yet which werent exploited.
    I think in his first post, Slith mentioned that current FC staff weren't sure about why premades were removed with patch 2.1, but believed that it was due to balancing issues.

But I think the real reason was what you mention: after Bori, people tried to grind minigame tokens fast. One way of doing it was to sign up with 2 groups of 6, where one group would stay on the pad. An even more annoying way of doing it was to sign up with a group of 6 and a group of 2 or 3, where the small group would stay on the pad and the 3-4 randoms unlucky enough to join the game were screwed over.

Now of course, removal of premades was the dumbest possible way of dealing with this problem. But I do think that this was the main issue which prompted FC to do it. The reason was not balancing, it was perverse incentives introduced by the token grind.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    12 PvP sets (T3 is just recolored with minor tweaks) and a few weapons are like 1% in comparation with all PvE stuff added to game...plus one minigame which a lot of ppl barely enjoy and join only for PxP/Prowess/Token reward

I ve allready said that, first I was happy about a new GD, now I see its a same **** as what we had with Sil.
    Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    ok, the gap between t2 and t3 pvp is more than huge enough, and mostly only the important stats are upgraded
    I think you mean to say! well i hope you do....
    The pvp T2 to T3 grind is more than huge enough and the upgrade to stats are a joke!

All info found here
    http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php

Sin chest pvp7 T2 vs pvp10 T3
    The difference is +3 Dexterity, +33 Combat Rating, +10 Critical Damage Rating, +5 pvp Hit Rating, and +10 pvp armor WOW!!! Grind from pvp 7 to pvp 10 for this lol

Sin dagger pvp8 T2 vs PVP10 T3
    The difference is +1.2 DPS (lmao) +2 Dexterity (lmao) +11 Critical Damage Rating (lmao) +25 Combat Rating (lmao) +8 pvp hit Rating (lmao)
    (I think the old GD was trolling us when they made pvp T3 stats)

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    I think in his first post, Slith mentioned that current FC staff weren't sure about why premades were removed with patch 2.1, but believed that it was due to balancing issues.

But I think the real reason was what you mention: after Bori, people tried to grind minigame tokens fast. One way of doing it was to sign up with 2 groups of 6, where one group would stay on the pad. An even more annoying way of doing it was to sign up with a group of 6 and a group of 2 or 3, where the small group would stay on the pad and the 3-4 randoms unlucky enough to join the game were screwed over.

Now of course, removal of premades was the dumbest possible way of dealing with this problem. But I do think that this was the main issue which prompted FC to do it. The reason was not balancing, it was perverse incentives introduced by the token grind.
    Yes i think your right and reminds me what a imba fail funcom made with pvp token system

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Well, I think that you don't remember why they introduced t2 pvp gear. They made t2 when some of us cried that we are forced to dig bori to get our shiny epics. So the idea was that there should be very little diffrence between those 2 sets.

great job OP.

Unfortunately this just made it impossible for me to come back to the game. There is no real reason to wait any longer for this game to welcome newbies, alts and dont require a full time commitment to stay competitive.

T4 will ofc be just as badly implemented as the previous tiers and require a ton of grinding.

FFS look at GW2 and how they handle gear and pvp and you will get why there are hours of ques to get into their large scale pvp format. There is no real entry barrier and there is no grind to stay competitive.

Even Rift that was a huge grind way back has understood and taken powerful measurements to REDUCE gear gap in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    FFS, why dont ppl understand, why dont ppl who work for this game understand.. only ppl who understood this problem.. well they left.

1. YOU CANT, u just CANT increase the stats in pvp anymore, it creates more grind, more gear gap, and more angry faces and less players,

pvp t1 full set (weapons also) OBTAINABLE at pvp level 1,

pvp t2 gear obtainable at pvp 4 (NO ****ing tokens needed)
    pvp t3 can stay at pvp 10 since its only for vanity after t2 pvp anyway

pvp t4 if they make one? you should obtain it by doing world pvp, sieges,

for example win siege, get t4 pvp item, But just dont increase stats, its not like my pvp5 guard would not aleready have 61% protection, its silly

Most dumbest S*it i ever seen is that you can have 50000/20000 kd for example. u are pvp 8-10. but .. U CANT BUY gear, because u havent farmed daily stupid pug mini games,

and then there is pvp 8 guard who has 100 kills and 1000 deaths. he is full pvp t2 geared? what is the point of this ****? pls tell me, my barb halfway pvp 8. and i only bought t2 belt,helmet+shoes. thats it
    Exactly people now is completely in their new mindset of " objectives " when really most if not all the time they are just ignoring or avoiding pvp. Of course once in a while you get a decent team make up and both side has some organized objectives flag caps that is fine but too often that is not the case.

It is stupid in a Player VS. Player server that progression in earned and measured in PVE. You have to win certain about of mini games and gain that stupid badge to get your gear. Right now in this game people don't really care about pvp anymore, they don't care about getting better or understand their class etc. All they do now is tunnel vision to win that mini game match. If they see a slight chance their team is not going to win, they either go hide or leave mini. Its getting so bad right now lol

Too late for me....pitty this game is on its bad state....I would really like to go back and play pvp again with my old friends, but hey they all left the game years ago and population is really bad for a mmorpg game.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    I think you mean to say! well i hope you do....
    The pvp T2 to T3 grind is more than huge enough and the upgrade to stats are a joke!

All info found here
    http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php

Sin chest pvp7 T2 vs pvp10 T3
    The difference is +3 Dexterity, +33 Combat Rating, +10 Critical Damage Rating, +5 pvp Hit Rating, and +10 pvp armor WOW!!! Grind from pvp 7 to pvp 10 for this lol

Sin dagger pvp8 T2 vs PVP10 T3
    The difference is +1.2 DPS (lmao) +2 Dexterity (lmao) +11 Critical Damage Rating (lmao) +25 Combat Rating (lmao) +8 pvp hit Rating (lmao)
    which is fine, its a 1% increase in total dmg basically, add 1% on every piece and thats like 12% increase in dmg, and like about 3% increase in survivability

overall efficiency increased by about 15% from gear alone, and u think thats nothing?

im trying to think of what is being added in the near future. some more useless progression to an uneven playfield and some key players needing on un-classed items. what's more funcom maybe an autokill AA? jesus... do us a favor and stop using threads to give your ideas that wouldn't work in the beginning. funcom as been working on this game for 5 years and they are proffesionals and have explored every options of pvp and this is the best what they currently have. you think they haven't tested all the options before releasing 4.1.2 well they have obviously they are the creators not you

Any news on the PvP front is welcome news as far as I'm concerned.

Good job, Slith!

If it was possible to make a 'barrier' in spawn areas that wouldn't allow damage to pass in or out, it would go a long way to negate spawn farming. A player from opposite team entering spawn is silenced and cannot draw wepaons. That should stop that silly business pronto, but yes, it will require coding and I don't even know if it is possible; just a thought.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast