Thread: PoM Weapon / Shield

Default PoM Weapon / Shield

Hello! I was just curious what everyone recommends for weapon and shield as a newbie PoM moves up the raid chain. Should I be looking in Khitai or are there any good BRC / TA quest rewards?

Thanks!

The pom specific weapons in tiers 1-3 are terrible. To start out you want to buy a Lemurian Fire Stick or do the one t2 quest that gives you the Rod of Righteous Might. From there you have a lot of options. Grind khitai for staff from tigers, pick up some of the better blue talismans from fort and house of crom, hope a cool raid leader let's you role on the necro staff in t2 or t3, and try and pick up the tali that gyas drops in t3.

There is a 1hb and shield combo from khitai too but imo it's too expensive for the terrible dps.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    hope a cool raid leader let's you role on the +magic damage staff/tali/dagger in t2 or t3, and try and pick up the tali that gyas drops in t3. .
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwartisan View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Poms can use daggers? *mind asplodes*

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    The pom specific weapons in tiers 1-3 are terrible. To start out you want to buy a Lemurian Fire Stick or do the one t2 quest that gives you the Rod of Righteous Might. From there you have a lot of options. Grind khitai for staff from tigers, pick up some of the better blue talismans from fort and house of crom, hope a cool raid leader let's you role on the necro staff in t2 or t3, and try and pick up the tali that gyas drops in t3.

There is a 1hb and shield combo from khitai too but imo it's too expensive for the terrible dps.
    Or lead the raid yourself, master loot it and tell everyone to get raped.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Or lead the raid yourself, master loot it and tell everyone to get raped.
    I thought it was pretty clear that was what I was insinuating if you read between the lines.... especially the part about ****.

Well i have 2 setups...
    In PvP I use "Ell of Torment" and "Waning Boundry"

In PvE I use the T4
    Sword and the DPS priest talisman

But thats just me...
    I suggest you try to get a shield with crit rating, its rly nice or a tali with crits.. pom have sick crits with a decent specc so focus on it

^^^^ this guy lol....... i dont think
    as a newbie PoM
    he will have much of a chance at any of those items at the moment.

Like Erock said....try and find a nice raid leader who realises that FC made the raid weapons non-class specific for a reason....just you may get some very pissed off necro's and demo's on your back lol

Unchained AoC has a nice shield with good Con and Crit if you can find a group to run it with you.
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 3rd December 2013 at 21:42.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

There is the Lathe of Stars and Sunward that you can get from doing Yag which each piece has 98 Wisdom and 48 Critical Rating, the shield even has some constitution.

Other than the higher end T3 crafted or T4 weapons, these are pretty good for standard blues.

You could also try to get a demo talisman and necro dagger (or the necro staff), since it's all generic magic damage, and if your really down on your luck a lemurian firestick is still a pretty good weapon if you can't get any better on your own.

If your doing t2, there's a free staff that's ok you can get as well as a quest reward in wing 2. But for the most part the pom t1-t3 raid weapons are junk, and other than the firestick, the crafted talismans and weapons usable by a pom are junk too.
    Doomsayer 2008

Talisman of the Ziggurat(?) in House of Crom is a pretty pimp tali you should look into. It's also tradeable and costs a fortune if someone sells it.

Afair it's off a rare form boss and there is your defaulted lucky streak that let's you never get it...someone will be able to point to you some more specific information, rarely ever run around in there anymore.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!