Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GD letter november

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This is really bad news for all crafters/gatherers.
    Not necessarily. It just means that when a crafter makes something and puts in on the trader, it might be half decent - because materials can't be wasted on crap, as materials are more time consuming to gather. It might actually be worth something. As opposed to right now where the trader is overflowing with a metric s**t ton of garbage gear. Same for raw mats - most are worthless. This might make more of them worth keeping and selling. Of course all of this will be moot if the crafted stuff is woefully inferior to the quest / khitai items.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Maybe we play on different servers then. I would not consider 50s and up for a stack of raw mats worthless. Or 1g and up for a rare mat.
    I am just sceptical, when it comes to "will these changes really have the desired effect? Is the desired effect even good? will it fix a problem with the old system?".
    Gathering materials is already not easy nowadays. So, question is, will the "reduction" of resource availability really lead to a better market or just a shift towards more monopolies and oligarchies?

Sure, it might be a waste or bad seeming, that many things are sold cheap or made mainly for renown. But this is sometimes the only way to gear up for new players/alts and for small guilds to get higher renown levels. Just removing it will not be an improvement and can make things a lot worse in the long run unless they spend some serious thought on the whole balancing issue.
    How likely is that, when they see investing in pvp systems too much effort?

There are some points, where the changes really sound like an improvement and a welcome change. Others are simply "no goes". Altogether we don't know enough, since there is NO real Q&A process going on. All the drama again could have been vented by some dialogue (not just for fooling around, but actually to get feedback up front and be willing to correct some bad ideas).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd December 2013 at 21:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    So when will crafting revamp be on TL?

Why not work on the new raid for T5?
    You're atleast a year, Year and a half early on that one.

The fact any normal zone will allow crafting material will bring world pvp back to pvp servers as you will need to work in groups to protect those gathering. Not only will this foster more of a need for actual guild vs. guild pvp since the guild stockpiling the mats will be at an advantage, it means smaller guilds will need to recruit or form alliances to be able to compete with the larger guilds on a pvp server.

I see nothing but win for pvp servers regarding this change, as for pve servers where there is no consequence or risk..........just more people in zone. Nothing exciting at all.
    Doomsayer 2008

No, it won't. There might be a short temporary effect giving the impression of more pvp like with Bori. Bori did bring only temporarily influx to the zones, Merges also brought only temporarily changes too. The current open world system only works as long as there are enough players to abuse and player influx is positive, but the longterm balance of such a "free" system is negative unless it is fun to be ganked (and for this the "big guild vs random" or "hidden hunter vs lone quester/crafter" system is not working). This was so in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and will be so in 2014.

Unless there is a system change in open pvp, it will not work. Did pve quests bring more pvp to the zones, because of the quests? The result will just be less and monopolized gathering on pvp servers and just empty nodes on the pve servers. Where would be the competition and fun in a game where botlike attitude and content blocking gets rewarded? In addition you also can gather resources in normal quest zones. Did this attract pvp?
    When players have the choice between not doing something and being victimized or form alliances, i can promise that a LOT will simply avoid it.

The attractiveness of gathering is partly, that it is quiet and can be relaxing. Problem now are the limits in receipes, the insane amount of stuff needed to build just a pile of wood, the spawning mobs (or rather their loot lists) and bots. Of this we don't know how architect is treated yet, we don't know, if the grind will be more or less, instead of spawning mobs we will get regular mobs and players jumping and if it really helps against or will be even more botfriendly remains to be seen.

If i want pvp, i go to a zone where pvpers are. The other way around will not work, because i was not out to pvp but to do something else. Similar as with quester ganking, this is temporary "fun", till all are either driven out, have found ways to avoid pvp or joined a big handholding alliance.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 3rd December 2013 at 05:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    ...this is temporary "fun", till all are either driven out, have found ways to avoid pvp or joined a big handholding alliance.
    Sounds like every PvP in any game I`ve ever heard of...

@Bignose:
    Not for me. Don't know what games you played, though and how successfull they were at keeping the pvp crowd.
    Sure, it depends on the fun factor and how long it takes to be driven out (either attacker or victim). When both are looking for pvp or there are hunters to the hunters, it can involve both fun and time. Problem you might have overlooked is the interest conflict and logistics maybe. This will end most likely with one of the two parties annoyed.

Guess it will depend a lot on how that random node thing is working in detail. But to think it will be good for pvp, is going to backfire. Just look at the world boss discussion (when it was sold as pvp content).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 3rd December 2013 at 06:44.

Cool

So.. again crafting ,minigames gonna be "SOON". I love that Every monthly letter is the same. I`ve stopped dreaming about any improvements in this year. Even in Q1 in next year. And Phil.. Bori is a total ****.. Nobody of true pvpers cares of that place.. I`ve never been there.. Gathering nodes to improve pvp levels.. Isnt it once again a step to the PvE system? Just think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    you have minigames and bori, isn't that enough?
    stop trolling, been 4 mini games for 5 years... and Not counting sag because it is only for conq's, and mages /rangers exploiting somwhere where u cant go unless u know the trick
    The Law

Just as reminder:
    - in 2012 the old GD said, the spawning mobs would be removed and more nodes overall added (good news!)
    - in 2013 the new GD asked for ideas for the resource zones, when they would remove the crafting quests. And if you look at the thread, there are tons of ideas...and the minority there involved "removing" content (also good, yay, participation!)
    - in 2013/14 we now have the actual letter with randomized nodes and complete node removal from city instances (instead of expanding crafting options there as suggested by some in the ideas thread! Justification: bots, pvp, economy, too private zones. Seriously???)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast