Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GD letter november

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    @Zaitochi: So, you were part of the lobby that brought this mess. Thank you...NOT

Guild instances are NOT private either. Or safe.
    Have you tried and build or even gathered a lot under the old system?

And no, there are a lot of nice places, mob camps that fit the environment, unique drops, some spawn mechanics and bosses you get nowhere else and a LOT else can happen there. They are amongst the nices designed atmospheric zones in the game. And they are not a copy of Bori...Bori is a cheap copy of the Laceish planes.

And you will see...it can get worse than this, if they continue that road. Far worse. I am getting a ranger revamp deja vu...sure, the old system has flaws and people are righteous complaining about things. But you should really ask yourselves...will any of the problematic issues now be fixed with the plans? and if so, which?

Please funcom, take a few months to test your system and compare gathering, building and competition first.
    So its bad when i do the same as you? Oo
    of course they will get fixed! i dont have to walk from one same spot toanother all the time. i have to walk through the world and explore it to find ressources. sounds much better then guild instances now where everyone see with just one look where to find everything.

i played, gathered and crafted at a time when so guild instance maps didn't show the ressource nodes and i did my own map with markers and stuff. That was nice and with the new system it sounds like an endless version of exploring ressource nodes. i do like that idea and i see nothing bad at it to defend my favourite playstyle like you do yourself with yours...

well and guild instances are safe and mostly private because if you dont switch instances on your own, you will be in the instance your city is. And this will happen with everyone. most cities are abondend and i dunno if you watched the instance select screen even once when your where in guild instance. there are endless instances and its not fun to look them all up to find 1 guy on a whole map. if you wanna do open pvp there are better places to find someone. so i guess there is no one every really hunting in guild instances.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 2nd December 2013 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    come on guys! dont be negative before u see the whole system in action on testlive please. After u have testet it properly on testlive, you can give constructive feedback on tl.forums. But until then please stay optimistic
    I was not only negative. And i was commenting on just the effect the confirmed news will bring.

What you say might be valid, if they would not remove the nodes from guild city instances completely. I already agreed a more randomized system for the quest zones can be good (or bad), but valid as exploration and side reward content. But you will still have to zone to check a trader after or while gathering. Clever idea?

This is bad enough already, since it shows they have a lack of understanding the problems in the old system.
    Want to know about them, then check the things and ideas i copied from the old forum to this forums crafting section.

And don't forget what previous revamps have shown...once things are on TL, they will be released without major changes. The "let's see and judge when it is done" approach only works when you deal with trustworthy people who can admit and fix and undo any mistakes or flaws.

@Zaitochi: Sure, just read again what i wrote. This style you say can be valid ONLY if the amount of needed resources is reduced or you adjust a lot of loot lists. Otherwise it is an unnecessary nerf in playability.
    Guild city instances were made by the original devs for farming resources for a reason. And you can pvp there already or hunt gatherers. Of course you won't have the safety of guards and might get hunted in return...and that would be awful, right?

I really hope, this is not a step into removing the guild city instances altogether to save server load

And before people start accusing more: I am not saying the whole crafting revamp is bad or should not be done. That does not rule out some decisions and plans might be contraproductive to the goal or be really hurting and not the "cool" stuff they looked like while brainstorming. That's what faq, information and discussions are for...to minimize the risk with such an important revamp.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd December 2013 at 19:30.

Of course you won't have the safety of guards and might get hunted in return...and that would be awful, right?
    Lol, the only think awful in those instances is to actual find someone in 10+ instances...

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Lol, the only think awful in those instances is to actual find someone in 10+ instances...
    Well, it is easy, if you know how and where to look Even non rangers can hunt down and kill bots.

And no, there are a lot of nice places, mob camps that fit the environment, unique drops, some spawn mechanics and bosses you get nowhere else and a LOT else can happen there. They are amongst the nices designed atmospheric zones in the game. And they are not a copy of Bori...Bori is a cheap copy of the Laceish planes.
    I agree the gathering zones are beautiful and well made.

My number uno gripe with crafting in MMOs is that it has to be for raiders. Raiders already have got the best ...well everything. Crafting should be tailor made for people who like smelling flowers and watching sunsets in poitain. Removing the gathering zones because they are too "quiet" does not bode well.

That said, I am willing to take anything at this point. I stopped playing AoC regularly 2 years ago, because I saw no point in developing my char and guild further with the crafting revamp incoming Q2 2012!

They failed to see that it was due to crafting being ignored since launch (not even gem-slots in Kithai armor) that is the problem. The system would be fine if they just stopped ignoring it, and made better crafted sets than culture-armor.

But no, instead they work for 3 years, spend all resources to create a completely new system from scratch. Oh well, let`s have it then, I`ll keep an open mind.

...My guess is that the crafting revamp is going to bring back A LOT of old players. Please fix the dumb bugs before it goes live, or they will leave again. Guild renown have not updated since September, and that`s an even worse disgrace than the Q2 2012 prommise for the tradeskills.
    Last edited by Bignose; 2nd December 2013 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionx View Post
    PVP??? Transfers??? Nada, zip, nothing. More PVE garbage ty funcom.
    you have minigames and bori, isn't that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    you have minigames and bori, isn't that enough?
    Oh ya! And horse racing! That's all we really need tbh, more race tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Oh ya! And horse racing! That's all we really need tbh, more race tracks
    horse racing?? this is first time i hear about this. sounds exciting was this in a recent update?

Crafting? Are we talking about crafting?? Really, was this the most important thing??? Not the existing bugs, the empty zones, the low population, the lack of...f*ck it, it's pointless.

Horce Racing is real and you can experience it's excitement 24/7 outside of OT.

By the way, this crafting is nothing more then another grind mechanic to keep the sheep grinding and paying.

Baaaaaaaaa...
    Last edited by Brazza; 2nd December 2013 at 20:17.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Crafting even in the state it is now, especially when it comes to guild cities, is part of the few permanent player customizeable content we have in AoC. And it is one of the main pillars of longterm success in a MMO (like pve groups and pvp).

An no, you can craft and build now without paying. Not denying the grind though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast