Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AOC PvP - changes are coming!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    You really have not got a god damn clue have you?

Ill tell you why its broken.

FFA pvp with no consequence system does not work. EVER.
    Tortage at its height was twinked vets farming new players. I saw people with +9000 kills farming trial players day and night with no consequence system to prevent the griefing. I cant even begin to think how many quit because of this sh1t.

I'm all for hardcore pvp but there needs to be a hardcore consequence system in place to prevent griefing. Without the consequence system OW pvp dies. Nobody can argue that fact. The consequence system we have in game now is utterly useless. This (after bori) is the single biggest cause of fail in OW pvp, its why tortage was shut down, its why OW pvp is dead.

Gear and Minis: In minis give every player the same stats. For Example: force ALL people to wear full T3 pvp gear in ALL minigames. Reset pvp levels 6-10 and fix Bori so people MUST pvp to get xp. This will give back pvp PROGRESSION and remove the ARMS RACE we have had to suffer through for 5 years.

Open world pvp: Make some pvp factions/alliance system and put in some pvp objective - like a battleground. Fix guards, its easy if you think for 2 minutes.

Add some objective based pvp content not this crap 12 month cloak boss quest.

no.. the one who has no clue is you LOL, u realize that tortage pvp was one of the most popular content in this whole game? u realize how many new players ask in new player help "is this pvp server or why i cant pvp" = region tortage white sands.

open pvp sure as hell worked in aoc, u are just epic Carebear pve troll with no clue about anything

oh and open ur eyes, u realize that pvp failed after they made aa,bori,khitai, and made classes for ppl like... you.. for pve players, game died after focus went pve, or u cant see how low populated servers are? every pvp server were 100% more populated back in the days thaan crom is now
    Last edited by Derled; 1st December 2013 at 19:50.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    go on rage already
    to kill pve mobs? its empty with few random newbies who are no challenge
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    to kill pve mobs? its empty with few random newbies who are no challenge
    well i dueled a few of the guys that hadnt been playing on the server that said the server wasnt much and they all lost, if really u played on the server and can positively tell me the whole server is trash make a vid

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    well i dueled a few of the guys that hadnt been playing on the server that said the server wasnt much and they all lost, if really u played on the server and can positively tell me the whole server is trash make a vid
    they are trash compared to fury, and fury is trash compared to old fury / aquilonia, no probs farming playrs on rage Bro, besides i had pvp 5 ranger / pvp 4 guard on rage
    The Law

no.. the one who has no clue is you LOL, u realize that tortage pvp was one of the most popular content in this whole game? u realize how many new players ask in new player help "is this pvp server or why i cant pvp" = region tortage white sands.
    White Sands was epic because that was about the only place where skill actually mattered. Because skill sure as hell doesn't matter all that much at 80, especially as a new player. Facing off against a PvP 10 when you're at PvP 0 means that you WILL die, and that fast and hard, regardless of your skill.

open pvp sure as hell worked in aoc, u are just epic Carebear pve troll with no clue about anything
    Yes, it worked for those that don't need a reason to punch someone's face in, which is merely one minor reason as to why people don't bother with PvP in AoC. If there was something to fight for and over, trust me, more PvE'ers would come over. IF, of course, they had a chance at surviving for longer than 2 nanoseconds in a fight.

And K4nny has got plenty of clue about PvP. Just because YOU don't agree with him doesn't make him into a carebear PvE-troll.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    White Sands was epic because that was about the only place where skill actually mattered. Because skill sure as hell doesn't matter all that much at 80, especially as a new player. Facing off against a PvP 10 when you're at PvP 0 means that you WILL die, and that fast and hard, regardless of your skill.

Yes, it worked for those that don't need a reason to punch someone's face in, which is merely one minor reason as to why people don't bother with PvP in AoC. If there was something to fight for and over, trust me, more PvE'ers would come over. IF, of course, they had a chance at surviving for longer than 2 nanoseconds in a fight.

And K4nny has got plenty of clue about PvP. Just because YOU don't agree with him doesn't make him into a carebear PvE-troll.
    IS K4NNY Pikuu or scinxx? or hunterus? which one

and getting killed in open areas teached new players to defend themself, and survive, now even pvp 10 player who farm bori / minis can be worse player than newbie pvp 1, level 30
    The Law

IS K4NNY Pikuu or scinxx? or hunterus? which one
    I don't care, and it doesn't matter anyway. His ideas are, despite your ramblings, spot on and cater to something you "hardcore" PvP'ers should embrace fully: Systems that pull more people into PvP, not just those that happen to be so-called "hardcore".

and getting killed in open areas teached new players to defend themself, and survive, now even pvp 10 player who farm bori / minis can be worse player than newbie pvp 1, level 30
    Yes, of course, because a PvP 0-toon can fully defend himself against a PvP-10. /irony

Have you been playing lately? Or are you just so blind that you don't see (or don't want to see) the power-differential between a PvP-10 and a lower PvP-level (PvP-0, 1 and 2) toon?

Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

I don't care, and it doesn't matter anyway. His ideas are, despite your ramblings, spot on and cater to something you "hardcore" PvP'ers should embrace fully: Systems that pull more people into PvP, not just those that happen to be so-called "hardcore".

Yes, of course, because a PvP 0-toon can fully defend himself against a PvP-10. /irony

Have you been playing lately? Or are you just so blind that you don't see (or don't want to see) the power-differential between a PvP-10 and a lower PvP-level (PvP-0, 1 and 2) toon?
    actually im playing daily, my blue geared dt started pvp at 80 few month ago, and it has 700/300, my pvp 2 hox started pvp with it in level 70 gear and it has 400/200

sin is 30k+ kills,, and sin is my alt ;/ i save u from my other toon kd's

oh and ofc my pvp 5 rerolled guard started pvp with blue gear and its around 7k+ kills now with 1-2k deaths

oh and i dont focus in kd whoring so..

oh and go check my video,, omg.. pvp 1-2 hox with blue rags, could defend him vs barb who is been playing since 08 with 3 ibis and full pvp t2 gear..
    The Law

actually im playing daily, my blue geared dt started pvp at 80 few month ago, and it has 700/300, my pvp 2 hox started pvp with it in level 70 gear and it has 400/200

sin is 30k+ kills,, and sin is my alt ;/ i save u from my other toon kd's

oh and ofc my pvp 5 rerolled guard started pvp with blue gear and its around 7k+ kills now with 1-2k deaths

oh and i dont focus in kd whoring so..
    And how much of that has been in open-world and not minis? I'm pretty damn sure that very little has been done in open-world. Which is what both K4nny and I'm speaking about.

Minigames sucks, plain and simple. They're just not fun at all in comparison to large-scale battles in the open world. And by actually making it worthwhile to fight in the open world by giving people something to fight for and over, you will pull more people into that side of the game, which again will make things more fun, which again... You get the idea. Or actually, it doesn't seem like you do, or want to.

Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

And how much of that has been in open-world and not minis? I'm pretty damn sure that very little has been done in open-world. Which is what both K4nny and I'm speaking about.

Minigames sucks, plain and simple. They're just not fun at all in comparison to large-scale battles in the open world. And by actually making it worthwhile to fight in the open world by giving people something to fight for and over, you will pull more people into that side of the game, which again will make things more fun, which again... You get the idea. Or actually, it doesn't seem like you do, or want to.
    mini games are dumb since u cant join with team, its stupid i know, but with small luck u can actually join with some good guy, sadly, im just a lonely pvp:er trying to get some attention from funcom to tell that they lost majority of players because they ****ed up

but after craig added these guards to be like this, everytime u attack someone, they just run away use bubble go to guards, guards kill u, then they corpse jump over you, wth is that. .
    The Law

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast