Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: AOC PvP - changes are coming!

Why you doing this? Why filling people with promises we all know won't see a day. There is no reason whatsoever trying to milk out something from development, it's gonna be enforced answer as in your situation you received. AoC is dying breed with negligible attention from funcom staff, it's a fact. We have been on this path for years already, and there is a line when even a die-hard fan moves on. That's what you should do too, if you don't enjoy current state of aoc, because that's as far as it could get. Gentlemen this is the end of a line for pvp, deal with it.

3-5 years ago I used to play daily minigames with some friends and
    intentionally filling the team up with a couple randoms incase we would encounter a pug.

Many times it was really awesome to watch/help the "fillouts" to play WITH the team. Overall more players knew how to fill their role then. There were also several guilds (including ourselves) doing full premades which imo is positive aslong the objective is being focused.

The downside (at the time) were insane BK bonuses. Six players with bk3 together...

- To sum it up: Logging on and just join a minigame with a couple friends has been the most fun/timeconsuming content so far from my pov.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompripossa View Post
    - To sum it up: Logging on and just join a minigame with a couple friends has been the most fun/timeconsuming content so far from my pov.
    Same here. The minigames cannot go back to premade vs random, but there are other options to provide same experiences.

I felt like msging the devs and saying it could move things forward. Everyone could do it and still can. I took the time and did it.

I wrote about it here because it breaks my heart to see people feeling hopeless about AOC and all I wanted to give is a little hope that things can still be turned around. Call me idealistic.
    Retired

Problem here is that funcom NEVER ADMIT THEIR MISTAKES,

this is how u can simply give a chance this game to grow again, delete
    bori, delete pvp 6-10. delete t4, delete AA's. Delete CRAIG's fail class revamps, and boom we got great game

oh and make the game more skill based like it used to be,

tell me what is the reason to grind pve for few months to get some epics, then go mini games for ... 5 months to get pvp6-7 then u are somehow competive...

why i cant just go to 80, buy blue crafted gear, and do pvp and im still competive?

oh and give combo skip back,

and then TORTAGE pvp , removing it was funcoms top 3 biggest mistakes ever
    The Law

oh and dont get this like t4 "rant"

i got full t4 sin, I rather use pvp gear in minis for balance -.-
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    P
    go on rage already

as for incentives to play the objective: cap the flag every single game gets old for firsts, and its not the kind of objective that appeals to me for second

If they can follow up and deliver on what they've said: Good. Swell, sweet, excellent and Bacon-levels of Pwn.

But I learned a lesson a VERY long time ago, back in Anarchy Online, that anytime you deal with Funcom, don't get your hopes up until things are actually in place and on the live-servers so that you can see for yourself how things are.

I love the products the company makes, but holy hell they can be ass-backwards at times
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    [Edited by Drest - watch your language!]

Ill tell you why its broken.

FFA pvp with no consequence system does not work. EVER.
    Tortage at its height was twinked vets farming new players. I saw people with +9000 kills farming trial players day and night with no consequence system to prevent the griefing. I cant even begin to think how many quit because of this sh1t.

I'm all for hardcore pvp but there needs to be a hardcore consequence system in place to prevent griefing. Without the consequence system OW pvp dies. Nobody can argue that fact. The consequence system we have in game now is utterly useless. This (after bori) is the single biggest cause of fail in OW pvp, its why tortage was shut down, its why OW pvp is dead.

Gear and Minis: In minis give every player the same stats. For Example: force ALL people to wear full T3 pvp gear in ALL minigames. Reset pvp levels 6-10 and fix Bori so people MUST pvp to get xp. This will give back pvp PROGRESSION and remove the ARMS RACE we have had to suffer through for 5 years.

Open world pvp: Make some pvp factions/alliance system and put in some pvp objective - like a battleground. Fix guards, its easy if you think for 2 minutes.

Add some objective based pvp content not this crap 12 month cloak boss quest.
    Last edited by Drest; 4th December 2013 at 22:04.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Thumbs up

Thnx for your effort Slith! Its nice to see them respond somewhat.

But yeah, like the rest.. I doubt well see anything soon. maybe the unchained minis tho.. But thats useless and wrong imo. Whats the point in progressing then if wer all in the same gear and stats.. There is NO open world pvp anymore so why progress?

But who knows.. Maybe this time theyre gonna suprise us with actually doin some pvp stuff hmm well see..

I was kinda hoping we would see changes to the geargap between pve and pvp gear. Some new stuff for us veterans who has minimum 1 r10 char. Maybe new pvp lvls. Maybe give us some armor to choose from, pvp def armor, pvp dps armor and so on.. Give us a choice maybe.. Most of all i was dreaming of some open world pvp. If we could get a reason to fight in open world.

Im so sick of hunting guys who just run to the guards like they should have been on crom. A few times a month i get into a fight 3vs3, 5vs5 or something like that in open world. This rocks. But it almost never happens.. And its almost allways next to the guards. Meh..

But anyway.. Im not agreeing with the guys above saying why just give news to 1 guy.. U sent a prv mssg like crit earlier said we could and you got an answer. Cool m8! Cheers! And thnx!
    "Stalk them like a ranger, kill them swiftly like a sin and brag about it laterz like a true barbarian"

Trippel the sin..

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast