Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who likes and who don't like PVP here? Give reason(s)

Why I moved to a pve server from a pvp server:

Dislike:

People using exploits in pvp

Trash talking other players in global over pvp

Players ganking lowbies while they try and quest in open world

Players farming other players in a mini just to get them mad

Let me get back to you on that once we get unchained minis.

i like the potential

i dont like how fc managed the potential

Like : the pvp in AoC -period [its ballanced , if u think how unballanced it could be , as hard as it is for some ppl ,... i repeat its ballanced compared to many living parallel paradigms (just bother to think of them) ]

Dont Like : The players who repeatidly pronounce themselves as hardcore pvpers . They're not only a toxic minority , but their opinion over the game they play is quite contradictive if u look at their actions . Play if u like aoc , ignore if u dont like . Having you around shouting how u hate the game that feeds u is no fun for us , and since u claim that its no fun for u -> make the life-changing step and gt<3fo for good , it'll benefit both parties :')

Like vol2: Those real people who stand and fight without opening their mouth to curse or try to offend . Those ppl who have the moves , the soberty , the ethics and the self-esteem to accept victory or defeat with a flag stuck on the back of their hox or ranger. Those who ,after the match , will sent a "gg mate u were good" to the mvp of the enemy team , and will eventually will recieve 2x "gg , u held ur ground like a bawss!" .
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Don't like: Poor communication, poor motivation, cheaters in PvP

Like; win
    Hate; lose
    Artarosse

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    I'd have to say that my views only pertains to open-world PvP, as minigames are the gaming equivalent of watching a 9-hour back-to-back session of knitting-TV.

Like: The added thrill of hunting people (and being hunted).

Don't like: Lack of reason to punch someones face in, apart from the "because I can"-mindset, of course (i.e. give me something to fight for and over), and the absolutely IDIOTIC power-differential between a new player and a Vet in terms of PvP-levels. Add in the community (or the lack of one), and you're close to my feelings about it.
    Agree with 100%
    Artarosse

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Dislike: Massive gear gap that turns away new and old players.
    Agree!
    The old players say that they defeat with experience, and virtuosic keyboard handle. This is a lie! They win for the P10 or T4 gear and the full fill AA.

I dont want say that this is bad. The old players deserve the extra power for sustained play time and the long time premium membership. The premium people pay for the f2p game too.
    ...But, should not let the players on older characters misuse with OP status in all sec. Nowadays the fresh L80 unable start the endgame because P10/T4 gankers kill them near guards too. They are not in save in villages neither? Some shameless ganker come here and claim remove guard without blush. Should defend more the newbies, the criminal system is garbage. This is the main problem with whole AOC. This game is unplayable for roleplayers... the fury population are FPS players in 90%. They want more deathmatch, less roleplay... Funcom funcom... why did you do it? Can't see this is backstreet? The people escape to crom... or leave this game.
    The solution is easy! Should make a good criminal system. ...or admit have not idea for that! May asking on crom; "hey guys! Can you imagine a PvP system as acceptable for you too?"
    I can imagine. very simple solution; "If anyone getting criminal flag then cant getting PvP XP on anyway!"
    Funcom guys awake! You made this reverse. The ganker getting PvP XP after its death too if the victim die by overtime damage. And what happen if the attacked people survive the attack and can kill the attacker? then dont getting nothing for quick reaction!
    This is the criminal system???
    Artarosse

give a list of newbies who can beat oldschool pvp players? and we are not talking about pikuu or hunterus.. or crap like these.

criminal system is crap but who gives a cr*p about it, gankers are giving atleast something to be afraid of while questing etc, i been on crom questing my way to 1-80 and nothing, I mean NOTHING haven't been so boring and so dull, its just endless smashing 1.2.3 next. 1.2.3 . pick up item, give in quest.. and same **** goes for months and months till u reach 80

but on pvp server (used to) have actually fun while leveling, killing some poor Fruitcakes, actually had pvp oO. oh and it didnt get boring.
    Last edited by Derled; 12th December 2013 at 07:22.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    give a list of newbies who can beat oldschool pvp players? and we are not talking about pikuu or hunterus.. or crap like these.
    ME tons of 'old school' that play faceroll crap that still cant land combos 5yrs in. theres poor skill progression and poor incentive in being good, doing pve and farming noobs is more rewarding to most then mastering a class and ultimately not having enough protection to survive a single dot.

Likes: The sheer brutality of it. The skill involved, fatalities, epic moments.

Dislikes: The absurd amount of instant/near-instant kb's and aoe kb's, the insane damage tanks deal in pvp, the horrible latency and lag issues causing people to port around, having to run a meter in front of someone to land a combo on them when on high latency. Minigame sign up bug and group bug which funcom still ignores.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast