Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you come pvp server?

Default Why do you come pvp server?

I need to ask you guys something, why do you come to pvp server?
    you realize that only difference is that OPEN PVP IS ALLOWED ON FURY, then why do u come fury, if u instantly run to [Edited by Drest] guards when someone attack you? whats the point? why do u go open pvp server, [Edited by Drest] i just dont get it, if u dont like go crom, but it makes me so happy to corpse jump over your body when even guards fail to save ur pve ass
    Last edited by Drest; 9th December 2013 at 21:05.
    The Law

I were there until it got empty
    The Law

Guards are part of the game. They are awefully scripted and can to easily be exploited. Nonetheless, they are part of the game.

You attack someone, he wants to survive, guards are an efficient and easy solution. For my part when i attack someone in open-world i don't play like in a duel. I know there's a 50/50 chance he'll try to run away when he gets low if not straight away. I keep the stuff that will prevent him from succeeding ready.

If they have as much respect for you as you have shown them in this post, no wonder they won't play fair and give you the satisfaction of killing them. Furstrating maybe, but completely normal. Especially since players tend to attack mostly, if not exclusively, players they are confident they'll kill.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

The real people to blame is Funcom. They're the ones that turned a PVP server in to a PVE server and tried to "remake" a pvp server such as blood and glory in to what was originally existing when the game first launched.

Guards protect bad players and bad players will be bad players. There should be an option where if you join a PVP server and you don't like it, you're allowed to transfer off to a PVE server once and that's it.

But with a company like Funcom, who embraces PVE players and gives them whatever they want and they have to KEEP making content for them, because PVE players need new content every few months to stick to the game, but with PVP players all you have to do is create a system of instant replay value that doesn't require gear or grinding and they will be happy.

But all corporations are too stupid to realize this, because they only care about one thing, revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    Guards protect bad players and bad players will be bad players. There should be an option where if you join a PVP server and you don't like it, you're allowed to transfer off to a PVE server once and that's it.
    It's a shame that the only thing that matters for a certain categorie of players is the skill aspect of a game. There's nothing wrong with being a complete noob on a video game. Either on a PvE or a PvP server. It's also frustrating since these said player never experience the excess of their kind in open-world.

What do guards protect the most ? Hubs with loads of quest givers. This is far from absurd.

What i read through your post is "QQ i can't farm total noobs giving back their quests"
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

guards should kill anyone fighting near them instead of only the attacker (no fights within the city walls)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

98% of open world has no guards at all. So if you complaint about guards, that means that you hang out at villages/towns just to gank. You could go to kesh if you are 80 lvl, which is a well known place for duels...

Some of the best places in the game to fight are filled with Guards. Such as Khesh city. One of the best places to fight as a group.

Commons has limited guards, and was some of the best pvp I ever had when it went live. Too bad people choose not to pvp there anymore.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Commons has limited guards, and was some of the best pvp I ever had when it went live. Too bad people choose not to pvp there anymore.
    ganking pve is still the top way to start open world mayhem, theres not much pve progression in commons these days. u can expect open world raids to make open world pvp thrive again

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast