Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: World Raid Boss PvE System & Legendary Items

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    So after 1 year my BS will be rewarded with that cloak LOL!!!
    is it april fools day or what

That cloak has 14 strength 82 combat rating 12 critical damage more that the Scarlet Circle faction cloak WOW!!!!

so so if i can kill the bosses again next year i can pick another priest cloak! and and if i do it for 4 years i can have all 4!!! can hardly control my excitement!!!! will there be a 4 year sub option

PS. how is the balancing of pve vs pvp gear while being used in pvp coming along?
    I will refrain from commenting on this, if people want to read the test live discussion within its actual context I do invite them to do so however.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    no no silly this will be passed off as pvp content (for the next 3 years) where ONCE A MONTH guilds will gank each other for 30mins till some group of baddies brings that boss down
    Yes this is PvE content as it clearly states on the Testlive forum and this thread. If PvP springs up around it and can be made a larger incentive in some way as part of this then all the better and I welcome any suggestions in this regard, constructive feedback is always welcomed. However this is considered to be a PvE system as is not being 'sold' in as anything other than that.

Just so I understand this right.....The quest to get the legendary cloak requires killing 12 different bosses, and a new boss is spawned once a month for a week long. So, it will take a year to get one of these cloaks? Seems like a huge undertaking, and what if someone misses a boss kill? do they have to wait a year for respawn, or will previous bosses still be in play?

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Yes this is PvE content as it clearly states on the Testlive forum and this thread. If PvP springs up around it and can be made a larger incentive in some way as part of this then all the better and I welcome any suggestions in this regard, constructive feedback is always welcomed. However this is considered to be a PvE system as is not being 'sold' in as anything other than that.
    Perhaps since this is pve content and the last patch was solely pve content and the one before that was pve content and the one before that was pve content we can maybe throw some pvp content in there somewhere? Even a simple fix to pvp weapons would do wonders.

It took funcom less than 48 hours to identify and fix the Mining axe of Oxmal in coils. The one that had like 220 DPS or something insane. It's been years and PVP weapons are still worse than pve weapons in pvp... We don't ask for much just remove mana/stam tap, and add damage (Add it in the form of pvp magic + or pvp combat rating+) It's an easy fix for a huge problem and I bet you will have more positive feedback doing that then you will adding 1000 6-mans
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Even though i get no joy out of PvE (can fall asleep during raids) im very glad you are developing something, its encouraging and much appreciated. And tbh, this looks good.

Also, before you whine about stats on legendary items, make sure you read the whole post about them first, dev clearly states those stats are not final.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    Even though i get no joy out of PvE
    This PvE is different! How about a tripple kill of casters while they're dpsing a boss without any pvp gear on! Or how about killing thier healers and letting thier tanks die slow and painfully. Or maybe you could see how they can handle the situation when the clothies has to take aggro!

On Crom i played on my dt, whenever the black dragon was about to cast flames, i turned the boss towards the mages. Damn it was hilarious to read the tells after that!

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    This will be fun on Fury but less so on Crom, I think.
    +1 absolutely agree
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    This PvE is different!
    Yea, thats why i said that this looks good
    Potentially, it can bring some guild based open world PvP, at least on Fury.
    But even if it wouldnt, id still be glad they are developing something.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Concerning World Bosses and PvP.
    It would be healthy to have these bosses as far away from rezpads as possible to make it intresting PvP wise. That's the main thing.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

That is sad that I paid for six months after hearing this news, but I really hope that this will not go onto the live servers. An idea of world bosses that drop T1-T2 gear and draw people's attention from doing dungeons and raids on a PVE server is not good at all.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

It's about the same, the only difference is that you're not in a raid group. It only lasts a week so don't be so sad, you'll get your raids filled anyways. =)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast