Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Something MUST happen

How is it that GW2 can come out with new content, both pve and pvp every two weeks and they are b2p??? Yet we can't get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Funnyly enough, minis stabbed open-world in the back real bad.
    Actually open world without any borders or motivation for participation (fun, consequences, quests, factions, e-sport like things, stats etc.) apart from "who attacks first and runs faster" and "kd ratio" has stabbed itself in its own back enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Why isn't there open world pvp?
    First off, it started from the dumbing down of skill so that Numbers = Win, you can no longer fight 12 with 6 it has to be Even or higher number.
    I think this works very diffrently.
    Lets put it this way. If it takes a 100 hours to understand basic game mechancis and get use to movement in PvP, the imbalance between hardcore players and casual is at its highest. When it would take 15 days for some it would take 50 for others. During that time if you're a hardcore player you'll feel like a god.
    But it's only a video game. Its mechanics are targetted to fit the widest shunk of their targetted audience. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get decent at it. And if that's what you're into, it isn't either that hard to be good at it.

To that you can add the usual behaviour of hardcore players: They gather in the same guilds. Therefore increasing the imbalance.

When you could fight against incredible odds. You were fighting players that completely lacked movement, some that hadn't yet understood how combos worked, some that had speced their toons their eyes closed, and some doing all that at once.

Today the majority of players know how to move. They are not necessarly superskilled but they know how to move, they know how to run away, they know how to burst.

*: the number of hours and days given above is just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Actually open world without any borders or motivation for participation (fun, consequences, quests, factions, e-sport like things, stats etc.) apart from "who attacks first and runs faster" and "kd ratio" has stabbed itself in its own back enough.
    No, when there was guild rivalry. That player based content was enough to sustain the open-world fights. Petty ganking at quest givers has never been what open-world is about. Nor was it where most kills were done. But it's what players not participating in it complain about because it's the only thing they see.
    Last edited by Vehl; 27th November 2013 at 07:07.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    How is it that GW2 can come out with new content, both pve and pvp every two weeks and they are b2p??? Yet we can't get anything.
    Good question ... how do they?
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I think this works very diffrently.
    Lets put it this way. If it takes a 100 hours to understand basic game mechancis and get use to movement in PvP, the imbalance between hardcore players and casual is at its highest. When it would take 15 days for some it would take 50 for others. During that time if you're a hardcore player you'll feel like a god.
    But it's only a video game. Its mechanics are targetted to fit the widest shunk of their targetted audience. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get decent at it. And if that's what you're into, it isn't either that hard to be good at it.

To that you can add the usual behaviour of hardcore players: They gather in the same guilds. Therefore increasing the imbalance.

When you could fight against incredible odds. You were fighting players that completely lacked movement, some that hadn't yet understood how combos worked, some that had speced their toons their eyes closed, and some doing all that at once.

Today the majority of players know how to move. They are not necessarly superskilled but they know how to move, they know how to run away, they know how to burst.

*: the number of hours and days given above is just an example.

No, when there was guild rivalry. That player based content was enough to sustain the open-world fights. Petty ganking at quest givers has never been what open-world is about. Nor was it where most kills were done. But it's what players not participating in it complain about because it's the only thing they see.
    I agree with you to a certain degree.

Yes funcom is targeting a more wider audience but that is the problem with society. Have you not noticed? it is not just video games, but everything else is made so we think less and takes no brain at all. From education to basic everyday accessories. We're a society breeding people that does not challenge themselves.

So in a way Funcom jumped on the bandwagon of dumbing skill down but at the same time they failed miserably because what separated their game from the rest was in fact the mechanics of Skill over gear. It dosnt matter if you're fighting on noobs or good players. Fact is people constantly breaking records and improving. The ones that wanted to improve eventually followed. I sucked giant ball sacks when I got this game. I never played any mmo nor was I a "hardcore" gamer. I keyboard turned and clicked for 1 year.
    I didn't know I had spells on my dt till I was level 60.
    I didn't set any keybinds for anything till 2 years later. But through the countless of beat downs by good players I learned. THat is the beauty of this game.
    But funcom took that away. If you suck have no fear, grind pve and get max gear/AA with the help of each patch dumbing down skill you sure will have a chance.

This is why you see a breed of horrible players right now with high pvp levels that would be VERY rare 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Fury has open world, just came from a kesh battle and I probably had one of the best CE battles that I can remember 2 days ago.
    Well I noticed that you americans are being changed your PvP attitude and even in minies you tend to play instead of KD whoring...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Would be great if there was a random but rare chance that a campaign badge Drops in Open world pvp.

Maybe even have a quest (Kill 20 Different people in open world pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    Something needs to be done about this. I don't understand it. Nothing else should matter. Not crafting, pve 6 mans, NOTHING. PVP needs to catch up to pve. It is simple.
    The latest information from funcom we had well in fact the only information given for a very long time on the subjest of pvp vs pve gear was this...

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I think it is likely a moot point anyway, in that the PvE budgets are beyond what the top tier PvP gear is close to anyway.

So buffing them up to be more equivalent should be a pretty decent boost, without worrying too much about the problems of exploiting.

For the record, I was a fan of the old system we had on raid gear, with heroic stats, which prevented it from being too effective outside of raids. Helped keep that PvP to PvE balance in place.
    PvP gear - We can take a look at making this better *and* I believe the tradeskill system will also help in this regard.
    That was 8 weeks ago!

Then about 4 weeks ago we got this....

For some reason Violent, when I said we would look into it, you thought that meant I was going to stop working on everything and do it that second. Doesn't work like that.

I've had a chat with the systems team about it and we're going to look at it when we get time.

I'm not even going to mention it in my letter this month.
    Maybe there will be a progress report in novembers letter of the month but to be honest I doubt it!!

The game director says this (below is his quote) and I agree 100% but some reason it's not in the current game! I think its clear he wants it but can't do it! (AOC pvp resource team to small)
    Its obvious that T4 raid gear was never intended for player vs player

For the record, I was a fan of the old system we had on raid gear, with heroic stats, which prevented it from being too effective outside of raids. Helped keep that PvP to PvE balance in place.

I think zero0 as hit home here

Quote Originally Posted by Zero0 View Post
    They wont fix it - period.

Nothing will be done the GD has mentioned this several times and he has also stated this game may not be for everyone.

So you have a decision as to weather to keep paying for there services knowing they wont do anything and keep supporting them on what they WILL be focusing on which is PvE.

It's that easy.

WOW's pve and pvp gear difference is just stupid. One patch, pvp weapons are better than pve weapons, and in the next it's the other way around. They ruined gear aswell. Before pve players caused about 50-60% lesser damage to someone in pvp gear, but they later added pvp power so not only would you be unable to damage the pvp player, but you'd also be one-shotted.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    WOW's pve and pvp gear difference is just stupid. One patch, pvp weapons are better than pve weapons, and in the next it's the other way around. They ruined gear aswell. Before pve players caused about 50-60% lesser damage to someone in pvp gear, but they later added pvp power so not only would you be unable to damage the pvp player, but you'd also be one-shotted.
    That only happens in battlegrounds and arenas. PvE gear reigns supreme in open world. Kind of hard to take down...let's say...a Warlock with 1 million health, while you only have 400k.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast