Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Something MUST happen

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Crom has a lot of people in open world. Fury has open world pvp available so why do people not go there and do pvp vs minis?

Is it because of higher levels ganking lowbies to get up their pvp k/d ratios or because they are bored?

Is it because gankers could hide and then jump out and attack solo questers fighting multiple mobs in the new zones and get an easy kill? I never did understand why the mobs would not break off and attack a new attacker vs just attacking the original player: if the mobs had a 50/50 chance of breaking agro and going after the pvp attacker then I might still be on Fury.

Yes, I think they need better minis. Unchained sounds like a good idea so that new players can get into minis without being farmed by t4 players or pvp 10 geared players. But when it will get implemented: even transfers are still offline.

I've suggested making hub ruined cities in borderland areas, they talked about having pvp materials drop from player kills for the new crafting...if Bori required player body parts to get the altars filled up then that would have made some sense vs farming rocks for pvp points.

But if Fury doesn't have world pvp anymore...why?
    Why isn't there open world pvp?
    First off, it started from the dumbing down of skill so that Numbers = Win, you can no longer fight 12 with 6 it has to be Even or higher number.

Second Mini games have "badge" Badges gets you pvp gear.
    When this was first introduced we saw a mass shifting from open world to mini, and the years followed with many quit the game, it became Mini-Game exclusive.
    And now in mini game it is no longer about pvp it is purely the "Objective Win, and Badge"

Last before you make another comment about pvp, maybe start pvping yourself and get good at it before you ask another dumb question.
    You don't see us pvpers ask why PvErs don't just attack open world mobs and be happy? why do you guys do raids and dungeons...

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    So I decided to do some comparing. I resubbed my WoW account and started play GW2 pvp.

Before everyone freaks out about how bad and kid friendly WoW is, let me tell you about the pvp. There are arena's 2,3,5 and rated battle grounds 10 - 15 players. I jump in 2's and get geared out very quickly. If you wear pve gear in pvp you **** wrecked, but it isn't a large task to get pvp gear.

GW2...1v1, customize pvp matches, tournament mode, WvW...INSTANT equal footing. Amazing progression latter...there is no waiting only playing and developing skill.

I will mention Rift, I have a level 25 person that leveled just by pvping. When I started it is completely equal.

I sign up for a mini today in sag, I bring my pvp 2 pom to the mini. I have store bought pvp main pieces and weapons, so I have to pay out of pocket to get beginning pvp gear. I go in and people that spend hours and hours raiding run around and wreck everyone. A t4 pom goes 27-2, all he has to do to get a kill is cast 1 mitra searing eye. I spend the entire match running, trying to evade attacks because Im the pvp 2 crap gear pom that everyone wants to kill because it's easier than killing pve players.

Something needs to be done about this. I don't understand it. Nothing else should matter. Not crafting, pve 6 mans, NOTHING. PVP needs to catch up to pve. It is simple.
    We all feel your pain. 5 years worth.

But you need to face reality. Funcom WILL NEVER FIX THIS.

There are so many good things they could do for pvp but they choose not to do any of them. All we have in 5 years is pve gears, bori and JS. Dubious pvp content by anyone's standards.

Now they have no money to develop anything so we are left with what we have now. What we have now is the end of it. Hard news but the truth.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Why isn't there open world pvp?
    First off, it started from the dumbing down of skill so that Numbers = Win, you can no longer fight 12 with 6 it has to be Even or higher number.

Second Mini games have "badge" Badges gets you pvp gear.
    When this was first introduced we saw a mass shifting from open world to mini, and the years followed with many quit the game, it became Mini-Game exclusive.
    And now in mini game it is no longer about pvp it is purely the "Objective Win, and Badge"

Last before you make another comment about pvp, maybe start pvping yourself and get good at it before you ask another dumb question.
    You don't see us pvpers ask why PvErs don't just attack open world mobs and be happy? why do you guys do raids and dungeons...
    this is just so true, sad, but true
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    I spent years hoping they would listen and fix pvp in this game. I gave up hoping and can't even get myself to log in and play anymore.

For those of us who only PvP what do we have? I'm sorry but I can't keep running the same 4 mini games over and over again for YEARS.
    It wasn't as bad when we had open world PvP to keep things interesting. Now that does not even exist in this game now.

Not even Unchained Mini Games will make me want to play again. It will still be the same damn minis and I'm so... so tired of loading into small mini games for PvP.

Give me my open world PvP again.
    I feel your pain. That is why I suggested that there be a random sign up location for one mini so we could have minis it the various lands already mad in by hyboriA and funcom could easily place new minigame borders like in wild lands or something(successful easy cheap fix; that funcom won't do)
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 27th November 2013 at 02:08.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

So I decided to do some comparing. I resubbed my WoW account and started play GW2 pvp.

Before everyone freaks out about how bad and kid friendly WoW is, let me tell you about the pvp. There are arena's 2,3,5 and rated battle grounds 10 - 15 players. I jump in 2's and get geared out very quickly. If you wear pve gear in pvp you **** wrecked, but it isn't a large task to get pvp gear.

GW2...1v1, customize pvp matches, tournament mode, WvW...INSTANT equal footing. Amazing progression latter...there is no waiting only playing and developing skill.

I will mention Rift, I have a level 25 person that leveled just by pvping. When I started it is completely equal.

I sign up for a mini today in sag, I bring my pvp 2 pom to the mini. I have store bought pvp main pieces and weapons, so I have to pay out of pocket to get beginning pvp gear. I go in and people that spend hours and hours raiding run around and wreck everyone. A t4 pom goes 27-2, all he has to do to get a kill is cast 1 mitra searing eye. I spend the entire match running, trying to evade attacks because Im the pvp 2 crap gear pom that everyone wants to kill because it's easier than killing pve players.

Something needs to be done about this. I don't understand it. Nothing else should matter. Not crafting, pve 6 mans, NOTHING. PVP needs to catch up to pve. It is simple.
    They wont fix it - period.

Nothing will be done the GD has mentioned this several times and he has also stated this game may not be for everyone.

So you have a decision as to weather to keep paying for there services knowing they wont do anything and keep supporting them on what they WILL be focusing on which is PvE.

It's that easy.

So it's like this: Do I cancel my sub knowing they don't have the money to fix PVP or do I continue to sub giving money in hope of them fixing PVP.

...and that's the dilemma.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    So it's like this: Do I cancel my sub knowing they don't have the money to fix PVP or do I continue to sub giving money in hope of them fixing PVP.

...and that's the dilemma.
    Not sure how it is a dilemma given the past actions of Funcom.

People made posts like this 2 or 3 years ago and what changed?

1. We got a item shop with purchasable pvp gear
    2. PVE gear still is better then PVP gear
    3. They introduced Bori which is PVE
    4. They put (PVE) guards on PVP servers ( from memory the playerbase actually suggested this or atleast put a ton of posts together about griefing as I remember there being a long ass post about it with a ton of customer signatures )

correct me if I am wrong

It's getting harder and harder to even log in anymore. I play alone and sit in mumble and listen how everyone is having fun in other games. But I can't seem to stop playing AoC.

Funcom needs to step up. FORGET crafting. Who bloody cares? People that want vanity items? Catch the pvp up period. Nothing else should even matter. Pvp is how people that solo play is able to have fun in the game, or people that log on and have a handful of friends. I dont' want to raid...EVER. Kill a boss, bio break. Kill trash bio break. GF is at the door we all wait by the time a few bosses are down hours have passed and I feel like I've worked at a factory assembly line all day.

Do something. I've spent tons of money on this game. A lot of people have I'm sure.

It's getting harder and harder to even log in anymore. I play alone and sit in mumble and listen how everyone is having fun in other games. But I can't seem to stop playing AoC.

Funcom needs to step up. FORGET crafting. Who bloody cares? People that want vanity items? Catch the pvp up period. Nothing else should even matter. Pvp is how people that solo play is able to have fun in the game, or people that log on and have a handful of friends. I dont' want to raid...EVER. Kill a boss, bio break. Kill trash bio break. GF is at the door we all wait by the time a few bosses are down hours have passed and I feel like I've worked at a factory assembly line all day.

Do something. I've spent tons of money on this game. A lot of people have I'm sure.
    I've spent a ton of money also and your right, but they wont do anything past history and current has proven.

I did the eso beta...it isn't any good.

I'm doomed. Can it be that difficult to add some pvp content?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast