Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Something MUST happen

Default Something MUST happen

So I decided to do some comparing. I resubbed my WoW account and started play GW2 pvp.

Before everyone freaks out about how bad and kid friendly WoW is, let me tell you about the pvp. There are arena's 2,3,5 and rated battle grounds 10 - 15 players. I jump in 2's and get geared out very quickly. If you wear pve gear in pvp you **** wrecked, but it isn't a large task to get pvp gear.

GW2...1v1, customize pvp matches, tournament mode, WvW...INSTANT equal footing. Amazing progression latter...there is no waiting only playing and developing skill.

I will mention Rift, I have a level 25 person that leveled just by pvping. When I started it is completely equal.

I sign up for a mini today in sag, I bring my pvp 2 pom to the mini. I have store bought pvp main pieces and weapons, so I have to pay out of pocket to get beginning pvp gear. I go in and people that spend hours and hours raiding run around and wreck everyone. A t4 pom goes 27-2, all he has to do to get a kill is cast 1 mitra searing eye. I spend the entire match running, trying to evade attacks because Im the pvp 2 crap gear pom that everyone wants to kill because it's easier than killing pve players.

Something needs to be done about this. I don't understand it. Nothing else should matter. Not crafting, pve 6 mans, NOTHING. PVP needs to catch up to pve. It is simple.

I spent years hoping they would listen and fix pvp in this game. I gave up hoping and can't even get myself to log in and play anymore.

For those of us who only PvP what do we have? I'm sorry but I can't keep running the same 4 mini games over and over again for YEARS.
    It wasn't as bad when we had open world PvP to keep things interesting. Now that does not even exist in this game now.

Not even Unchained Mini Games will make me want to play again. It will still be the same damn minis and I'm so... so tired of loading into small mini games for PvP.

Give me my open world PvP again.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Crom has a lot of people in open world. Fury has open world pvp available so why do people not go there and do pvp vs minis?

Is it because of higher levels ganking lowbies to get up their pvp k/d ratios or because they are bored?

Is it because gankers could hide and then jump out and attack solo questers fighting multiple mobs in the new zones and get an easy kill? I never did understand why the mobs would not break off and attack a new attacker vs just attacking the original player: if the mobs had a 50/50 chance of breaking agro and going after the pvp attacker then I might still be on Fury.

Yes, I think they need better minis. Unchained sounds like a good idea so that new players can get into minis without being farmed by t4 players or pvp 10 geared players. But when it will get implemented: even transfers are still offline.

I've suggested making hub ruined cities in borderland areas, they talked about having pvp materials drop from player kills for the new crafting...if Bori required player body parts to get the altars filled up then that would have made some sense vs farming rocks for pvp points.

But if Fury doesn't have world pvp anymore...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    I spent years hoping they would listen and fix pvp in this game. I gave up hoping and can't even get myself to log in and play anymore.

For those of us who only PvP what do we have? I'm sorry but I can't keep running the same 4 mini games over and over again for YEARS.
    It wasn't as bad when we had open world PvP to keep things interesting. Now that does not even exist in this game now.

Not even Unchained Mini Games will make me want to play again. It will still be the same damn minis and I'm so... so tired of loading into small mini games for PvP.

Give me my open world PvP again.

Open world comes with a pvp population, I believe keeping a pvp population revolves around mini games and possibly some sort of ranking system.

If AOC could keep new players and not lose them because they are getting slaughtered the game would have open world pvp.

The Unchained Mini Games sound like the best idea they had for pvp but im afraid its come far to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post

Fury has Open World

Tartug plays on Crom

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Open world comes with a pvp population, I believe keeping a pvp population revolves around mini games and possibly some sort of ranking system.
    Funnyly enough, minis stabbed open-world in the back real bad.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    So I decided to do some comparing. I resubbed my WoW account and started play GW2 pvp.

Before everyone freaks out about how bad and kid friendly WoW is, let me tell you about the pvp. There are arena's 2,3,5 and rated battle grounds 10 - 15 players. I jump in 2's and get geared out very quickly. If you wear pve gear in pvp you **** wrecked, but it isn't a large task to get pvp gear.

GW2...1v1, customize pvp matches, tournament mode, WvW...INSTANT equal footing. Amazing progression latter...there is no waiting only playing and developing skill.

I will mention Rift, I have a level 25 person that leveled just by pvping. When I started it is completely equal.

I sign up for a mini today in sag, I bring my pvp 2 pom to the mini. I have store bought pvp main pieces and weapons, so I have to pay out of pocket to get beginning pvp gear. I go in and people that spend hours and hours raiding run around and wreck everyone. A t4 pom goes 27-2, all he has to do to get a kill is cast 1 mitra searing eye. I spend the entire match running, trying to evade attacks because Im the pvp 2 crap gear pom that everyone wants to kill because it's easier than killing pve players.

Something needs to be done about this. I don't understand it. Nothing else should matter. Not crafting, pve 6 mans, NOTHING. PVP needs to catch up to pve. It is simple.
    ^This. I resubbed my old WoW account and could compete almost instantly. I was full Tyrannical(last season's PvP, but can still be competitive with it) within 3 days. After a month, I'm nearly full Grievous(the newest season's PvP gear).

AoC gear grind in PvP is MUCHHHH larger than WoW's gear grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Funnyly enough, minis stabbed open-world in the back real bad.
    Only because u get tokens from minis, before token update minis were dead 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Fury has Open World

Tartug plays on Crom
    Yes my main is on Crom now after Tyranny died. I still have toons on Fury yet the only thing I see is the usuall 5 - 10 players standing around in Khesh dueling between minis.

Its all a been there done that for the past 4+ years crap. Nothing new for PvP to keep any interest.

You will not keep any new players or old players that PvP if its always the same 4 mini games over and over again.

There is no open world pvp now that the pop is so low. Ganking PvE'rs trying to quest is not my idea of open world PvP either.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    PVP needs to catch up to pve. It is simple.
    This more than anything, It doesn't take a genius to realize that this whole focusing on pve thing isn't working for aoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium
    Fury has open world, just came from a kesh battle and I probably had one of the best CE battles that I can remember 2 days ago.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast