Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~70 yr old conan?

Default ~70 yr old conan?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2479722/?ref_=nv_sr_5

Can King Conan still fight with a face full of wrinkles and saggy arms? Guess he can with a lot of makup but will probably be about his son or something.

Point is do any of you know about this
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

its been major news for months now.

and according to REH's letters Conan rule over Aquilonia was a long one so there is nothing wrong with +70 yrs Conan.
    Retired

Conan old actor acting as the old Conan = interesting options and possibilities
    Conan old actor acting as young Conan = bound to fail from the start

If anyone has seen Bubba-Ho-Tep, he/she will know what i mean.
    I hope it will not turn out to be a photoshop massacre and they get better writers this time.

If they use one of or a combination of the stories "Scarlet Citadel" and "Hour of the Dragon" it could work, even though Arnold is older than Conan was in those stories. I just hope they don't have him running around in a loin cloth.

Mashing up the two might provide the best movie, IMO. You can then have Zenobia, Pelias, and Zeleta in the film.

If the movie makers get "creative" again, like the Destroyer and the 2011 movie it'll likely be terrible.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Paul Verhoeven is actually an intresting choice as a director. The writer scares me though.

Anyway, i think the idea of the movie is to be that of an aged Conan fighting to keep his throne.

On those premises i choose to be slightly optimistic.

But... it bears to keep in mind that it is produced by the same people that made the last pile of misery.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I think Conan should hire a bunch of mercenaries to defeat his enemies, and then jump in for the final blow and take all the credit *cough thoth-amon cough*

Only if he gives a choice of one of three items for each mercenary to choose from.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

It's going to suck harder than a money starved crack 'ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    Paul Verhoeven is actually an intresting choice as a director.
    Well the last "big" movie he did was Hollow Man in 2000 i think, so that guy is also a little outdated. And he must be way over 70 now too...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I just *REALLY* hope the movie plot won't be about damn ACHERON. Give Acheron a break, will you?

My dream plot line would be Aquilonia vs Nemedia or Pictish invastion on Aquilonia.

Just not about wizzards, witchess and bitches, plezz...
    Retired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast