Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyes of madness

Default Eyes of madness

I'm looking for infos about Eyes of Madness (zerker tree).
    Tooltip sounds like it's a detaunt/aggro dump tool but i remember people saying it is buggy and/or useless.
    It's still the same today ? How much is the threat reduction ?

In group pve you should be using reaver unless you are doing something like guarding door in t4 or somewhere where you need cc. If in such a scenario (or like in aok), you can take a few hits so you don't need the agro dump as much. Just get about -18% or more hate and you will be just fine unless your tanks REALLY suck.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

My guess is that he wants No Escape and Earth Shatter and wonders where to fill points to waste less points. Unless his gear is khitai or better, he won't need the 25+ points in General. Spending points in Berserker for utility is a better choice then.

This isn't really a zerk vs reaver debate but if you think it would help : i'm currently playing an hybrid (something like that in order to have all the groupwide melee buffs, in a raid-specific setup).

Problem i've encountered is the lack of -hate and tools like that. It can be a true problem in PUG raids cause there's unreliable bursts with full buffed Upheaval or Decap (almost 8k hit on Thot-amon phase 1 from a better geared friend ^^), that why i'm interested in Eyes of Madness but this feat seems to be not well-known by barbarians.

And yes i know cookie-cutter reaver-gen is da best for our dps. We all know that. I try to focus on the buffer-side of the Barb (Thirst for blood in a melee dps setup)
    Last edited by Bibik; 25th November 2013 at 19:30.

I've had it feated a few times but not for a while and never with a hybrid build. Never really had a use for it if I recall, tanks have always been good and self heals help when the crits do grab agro. I can imagine that in a pug with hybrid build a barb would get more problems so I think you're going to have to try it out and report back .
    Been running a zerker/gen build with no hate dump recently in t4 out of sheer boredom of the place and just for something different to do. Grabbed agro on Zodiac maybe twice with buffed decap/upheaval but with good tanks it's a rarity.
    Least time in combat (Master Gyas) Logic: 0:00:01 "Wtf is this sh*t"
    [Global][Chaoskult]: sikk has no mom, he has two dads.[Global][Siekk]: one of them is u
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    The Bloody Peasants - Being dismissive of watery tarts.

Thanks for your answer, i guess it works then, it's time for testing !

I think it works about the same way as Spirit of Nightfall for Assassins. A preemptive hate tool. Use it before you grab agro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    I think it works about the same way as Spirit of Nightfall for Assassins. A preemptive hate tool. Use it before you grab agro.
    Yep, someone told me the exact thing. It's a little tricky to use but i like this kind of tools

Just to say about your build, Hammer and Anvil is not very useful in raid, even in raid-buff spec
    You can use these points somewhere else ^^

Nope, hammer and anvil is good unless your rotation is just butcher spam (with 1 SB rank to get buff) which has been terrible since combo canceling was removed.

Zerker DPS can be quite high and buffs up melees a lot, reaver is more but zerker is fun sometimes and it's fun to show what it can do.

As for the original post, eyes of madness, well no one knows and thats not possible to work out as it's just preeemptive and pretty bad. I'd use it before thirst for blood has fully stacked or on aggro resets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast