Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eyes of madness

If you get it, plz tell us if it is more like willies or trickery.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    Nope, hammer and anvil is good unless your rotation is just butcher spam (with 1 SB rank to get buff) which has been terrible since combo canceling was removed.
    So what's your rotation ? oO

+25% on SB will not increase your dps since the best way to dps in zerker is to spam upheavel and butcher. You do SB only every 9 seconds or something for the buff, don't remember.
    This is a useless raid feat.

I use 2 or 3 ranks of SB and SP5 in my rotation so I get enough out of the feat to find it a usable increase in DPS. Averages out more DPS than spamming Butcher spamming for me because how fast the 1 step combos are.

Staggering Blow is an extremly valuable Debuff for T4/T3.5 Raids and Higher 6m dungeons.
    When i set up the Raid for e.g Emperor i always have a Barb on the Boss throughout the whole fight, who has lashing Swords feated and adds SB to his rotation. this helps alot with reliable aggroswaps, since soldiers are some kind of lacking hit rating on this fight anyways.
    it also increases the overall Damage of course.
    another noticeable effect it has on imp, Strom, bosses in tianan, dragon spine dungeons etc.
    __

Regarding EoM: i experienced it to be a pretty decent aggro reduce, which works as far as i can judge more or less like subtle illusion, thus it reduces your whole aggro by %s. thats why it should be used before you draw aggro, so you wont draw it at all.
    __

Regarding Zerk-support builds: unluckily the jack of all trades DW-Double-end-feats spec with heavy general tree already is a decent support-build since it has:
    group wide anti hate (trivial),
    lashing swords (excellent on high level bosses, as stated above),
    and last -but not at all least- Armageddon Falls, which is certainly in the top 3 of Raid-Buffs in the whole game. you wont see much of that in your dps numbers but you apply a reactive debuff on your targets, which lets any melee(?)/physical attack procc additional damage;
    so of you add like ~100 dps to any melee in the raid and have 12-14 players + X necropets proccing AF, this skill itself is like a 25th dps -pretty much like 'Resonance' of a tos'es idol (which should be #1 of all raid buffs)

eyes of madness is NOT like wiles or trickery:

Eye of Madness - decreases your hate towards target, use it before a huge burst or even in the middle of one (big critical poping on screen)
    Wiles and Trickery - Both remove aggro on you, the difference is that trickery also reduces aggro so it can be pre-used, they are both the inverse of tank's goad, i used them better when on full reaver and hitting targets like crazy, take aggro, use the tool and tank stays happy, while i keep hitting

anyway, im also hybrid and i use eyes of madness depending on the fights and on tanks in front of me, but overall i use when i see i inflicted too much damage on a very short space of time (for example a critical WW+DOD followed by a 2-he upheaval)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12