Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal w/ these Super Ubber characters

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    @OP: Big guilds offer some cc resistances. AAs can provide a lot of protection and more resistances at low level already. Gear is an issue as well, especially the gaps between green/blue quest rewards and dungeon gear. Then there are special builds experienced players choose either for survival or to use especially against your class. Then there are bubbles...

In addition to this and more close to your example, some people have a LOT of gold and experience and tokens through whatever means and can buy things at the armoury through pvp level OR/AND the ingame shop (like potions and food at lvl20+).

PvE levels also do not give a benefit like in PvE for PvP. Even more, a lvl30 char with the same gear as a lvl20 char has a bit more hit points, more feat points, but also a lot less mitigation, dps and protection (these decrease with levelling, sure about dps and mitigation, not 100% sure with prot). So a highly specialized, supported and maximized lvl20 char can be quite a challenge for a standard lvl30+ char.

Also some very old chars have benefitted from the thing suctum said already (high level gear on low level chars).
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

--battlekeep is what? 5% resistance?

--he fought a lvl 21 barb (12 feat pts), maybe he got excellent balance, but that nerfs his dmg so much

--are you on crack? dps goes down as u lvl??? defuq? when is the last time u lvled a toon

--buff stuff u get at armory gives u a 2.5% gain in your stats

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    pft suctum hasnt touched lowbie in ages

first cash epic is lvl 20 bow, after that its 22 for every class, the barb u were fighting has no purps, for second, how to hide equipement from others : interface, 'hide my equipement from others' reason why ppl do this? so that ppl cant see if they are hiding, if ppl can spy ur gear, they also see ur position.
    My Ranger (25) and PoM (39) had "special" gear when I had them for 19 and 39 brackets on Tyranny years ago. It makes a huge difference actually if you spend the time to gear them that way, and that was before they introduced crit rating, critgation, and more dps stats into lowbie gear since the GS expac. I can't imagine what a 59's stats would look like now with the available quest gear now.

Recently I have a 59 necro but I haven't been able to do any minis on crom, came close one time with 9/12 signed up
    Doomsayer 2008

This thread is the reason why FC abandoned pvp
    The pvp, maps and combat in game was anti-noob in nature and it still is

To OP
    U will need to learn to land combos 1st
    Then u will need to learn "tricks" of pvp
    Then u will need T4 gear
    U will also need PvP 10 since u r a BS
    U will need AAs too

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    combat in game was anti-noob in nature and it still is
    they did make the ranger for a reason...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

--battlekeep is what? 5% resistance?

--he fought a lvl 21 barb (12 feat pts), maybe he got excellent balance, but that nerfs his dmg so much

--are you on crack? dps goes down as u lvl??? defuq? when is the last time u lvled a toon

--buff stuff u get at armory gives u a 2.5% gain in your stats
    Oh, calm down the rage and get real again. When was the last time YOU levelled or played low level?
    Guild gives more than just the 5% resistance through buildings. Not much, but especially at low level worth a mention (same with hitcrit gear).
    That dps decreases through levelling is easily proven. Just read and level and read again. This was tested and proven in 2009 and in 2013 and confirmed by a gm back then as intended mechanic to encourage upgearing.

Also i mentioned all the things that ADD up. Sure, some of them have more effect than the other, but this does not make them invalid or neglectable (they are not infinitesimal small!). The OP wanted an explanation, he got them.

What can make high levels more powerful (taken gear out) is hitpoints and feat points. And there again, a lvl20 specialized char for pvp can be as powerful with the right gear than the average levelling specced lvl30 (and then there are class differences too).

That you even shout about such OBVIOUS things, i will appoint to you having a bad day without speculating who is taking what here
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th November 2013 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Lvls are not that important in this game it is possible to beat much higher lvl than you if you are better player. some classes are really strong at low lvls and can do great.
    I remember beating 30 lvls higher toons on my 19 hox, or 2 lvl 30. They were not good players or they would pwned me but it is possible to kill higher lvls with no exploit and uber gear.
    hehe, brings back memories on Noble District death squads, where few lvl 40ish chars could beat down almost anyone running around, lvl 80s included
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

You got schoole'd my friend.
    The skill gap between a newbie and a vet is HUGE!!

On Rage i was runing around in greens and a few blues,
    and i kicked the **** out of any1 that wanst a vet in pvp.
    std example: got jumped on by 2-3 players 5-10 levels higher.
    (usually sins and barbs). 1.min later after i slam them to the ground, the normal tells about cheats etc start coming.
    I play a BS

On lower levels the gear is more equal.
    The skill level means more.

Quote Originally Posted by monday View Post
    On lower levels the gear is more equal.
    The skill level means more.
    those were the days /sigh

they did make the ranger for a reason...
    U know ranger maybe always been "easy " but tbh, it needed more skills than most of classes nowdays, and i talk about before ranger revamp when game wasnt dumbed down to baboons.

its sad but its how it is

but tbh, what can ranger do? i prefer to take barb or sin in pve, more dmg and sin got cover of dusk, in pvp? what is casual ranger actualy capable of doing in pvp? sure they can two shot clothie in 1m if it does not have heal... but i still take barb in my team over ranger anytime
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    but tbh, what can ranger do? i prefer to take barb or sin in pve, more dmg and sin got cover of dusk, in pvp? what is casual ranger actualy capable of doing in pvp? sure they can two shot clothie in 1m if it does not have heal... but i still take barb in my team over ranger anytime
    That actually has nothing to do with the class "ranger" itself, just the way how most rangers are playing. If you see a ranger like Religolibri I would take him over most barbs around, coz he knows how to use his cc's for the team and not only for himself, and he uses all cc's (besides good dmg and knowing the right targets). What rangers really come to close fight and assist the team with traps? That are really a few...
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast