Thread: mystery of vanir to the victor goes the spoils bug

Default mystery of vanir to the victor goes the spoils bug

i seem to have a bug in the game for the field of the dead area. the mystery of the vanir / to the victor goes the spoils. i have tried it many times but can not seem to do anything with the crate. i even deleted the quest & took it again to try to get it to work. pls tell me what to do to finish this quest?

Quote Originally Posted by okiewonderwolf View Post
    i seem to have a bug in the game for the field of the dead area. the mystery of the vanir / to the victor goes the spoils. i have tried it many times but can not seem to do anything with the crate. i even deleted the quest & took it again to try to get it to work. pls tell me what to do to finish this quest?
    You must be on Crom. I ran into this same bug -- the crate doesn't reset,so you can't interact with it. Was going to report it, but there are enough other quests there I leveled past it and forgot all about it until now.

Similar problem with the sword being held by the dead body in E. Mountains (the quest to kill the Mammoth in the pit; I forget the name) -- can't interact with the sword to pick it up.

Had this bug too with a friend who's going through the game for his first time. Great first impression.

Did you do the quest while in a group? I hear that sometimes bugs out 'solo' type quests.

Same bug on Rage server. Works fine on Fury as far as i remember

Question

Morning,

stumbled over the same darn bug last night.
    Is there any solution to fix it out yet?

I know its just one quest of many, but still
    i'd love to have it solved.

Bye
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Default still bugged

I just ran into this. I remember doing this quest successfully a year or so back, so I am not sure how it got broken, but come on there is no excuse for something like this hanging out for so long. This is just a simple switch/logic type bug somewhere. Someone might be able to isolate it just by checking the previous diffs in the time frame this popped up.

I believe this quest is actually part of a chain which if so makes this worse. I am attempting a petition and just from myself and a couple more people doing so we will have already wasted the amount of time it would take to fix. It is generally annoying even as a vet just doing quests to level up, but imagine a new-ish player hitting this? This type of thing can, especially along with a few more, can cause people to drop games before they ever make it out of F2P mode.

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
    I just ran into this. I remember doing this quest successfully a year or so back, so I am not sure how it got broken, but come on there is no excuse for something like this hanging out for so long. This is just a simple switch/logic type bug somewhere. Someone might be able to isolate it just by checking the previous diffs in the time frame this popped up.

I believe this quest is actually part of a chain which if so makes this worse. I am attempting a petition and just from myself and a couple more people doing so we will have already wasted the amount of time it would take to fix. It is generally annoying even as a vet just doing quests to level up, but imagine a new-ish player hitting this? This type of thing can, especially along with a few more, can cause people to drop games before they ever make it out of F2P mode.
    Come on fellas ...... a glitch not being fixed ..... these gaming companies are more worried about getting new subscriptions than fixing bugs!

Default Surprisingly still bugged

Just found this thread have been trying to do this quest for several days and it won't work. Looks like it has been bugged for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Lentil View Post
    Just found this thread have been trying to do this quest for several days and it won't work. Looks like it has been bugged for years?
    True, but ingame petition let pop up GM who fix it in 2 seconds.