Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Don't forget the solo play

If 250 rares would be intended, there would not be a cooldown. You simply can't balance a game upon bugs or abused mechanics. And if they are so NOT a problem, why not add more ways to achieve them by playing? Both repeating an instance 100 times fast or each day for 100 days is not fun for most. Playing the game for the same or more amount of time doing other things actively though is more likely to motivate. So why no rares from equally time consuming or challenging content?

Indeed, if the drop chance is right, you could even add rares as reward or as a choice under pvp quest rewards.
    Similar to the new quest, it can be possible to add a weekly or daily quest that involves winning each mini to encourage more variety in played minis.

Well the problem is of course that AoC has very little loot to offer and it's all in some tier to keep you playing. However, AoC has little to offer casual players. I have owned Khitai since the Beta and I don't have one item from there even though my characters have tooled around there for thousands of hours. Truth.

AoC will always be Funcom's reputation even as it ages and fades away because Conan's is a very famous fantasy world. Similar to Lord of the Rings or Star Trek. It's a gameworld you don't fail and by having so little loot and such channeled gameplay it has failed so many players.

But the Dungeons are glorius, if you ever get to see them, and after 5 years I have been unable to see most of them, even as a subscriber for 4 years. Like I said, I have seen a few of them 10 or 20 times, but most of them, never. That's not the player's fault, it's the game's design.

Some solo play would help alleviate so much of the nothing new to do factor, but it would need the loot too. Dungeon's that scale to the group size even if that is 2 or 3 players would be the most fun probably.

Conan's is a gameworld you don't fail to fix though.

Good points, Bladesaint. Unless you submit to certain "standards", you can easily play the game without ever seeing past a certain point. These "standards" might be needed for some encounter types or gameplay forms, but they do not need to be a lockout mechanism. I am sure there are a lot of players who give up on instances for various reasons who are not loot driven, but only want to "see" things. They would never be the right material for a hardcore raid, but they pay the same amount others do.

Strangely the casual appeal of the pre80 content was what hooked me (and others) to AoC. Combined with less grind in 2009, existing pvp combats (oneshotting others is NOT combat, it is slaughter). But even back then it was not easy for a casual to join a group instance, but if you did..it was a great social and game experience. How much do you expand your friendlist now after a pug, how long do you actually play with others and communicate now? I am sure part of it came witht the view of instances as whole evening entertainment and something special, not with grindable content.

What bothers me recently is their fixation in pve on bosses (not just from devs, players too. instance design review and feedback was a lot about loot and boss fights. What about atmosphere, variety, looks, challenge and chance for different tactics?)...sure, some like them, but others won't or can't. Good PvE design is so much more than testing the devs scripting skills against the "wits" of the players.

Ask yourselves seriously...how many of the bosses ingame are fun to do first time, a challenge to figure out and how they play after the 30th kill? If you concentrate challenge and loot only to bosses, it is no small wonder, that you have the discrepancy between firstimers (long, challenging) and grinders (short, easy). Examples are some Khitan hardmodes.

Also, Thrashmobs do not have to be there just as timesinks, they can have their own lootlists and add to atmosphere and variety (here we come to a more systemlike approach).

Sure adding more top content is good, but it is expensive and not effective, if you keep essential system flaws or bugs ingame.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th November 2013 at 07:05.

Just a personnal PoV, but if one day we could have some social items for skin set looting from solo play, it could be great...

They have done it with dungeon bosses recently, so why not in solo instance, with just less chance to loot?

Just to give them a little more insterest...

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    U can beat "the Monkey" to death and get 250 rares in a day
    MoAs r harder to get than Rares
    Veteran Tokens are available in limited number to avg player
    My "nonsense" is backed up by facts
    "Backed up by fact".

Your only fact is that you can use an exploit to get quick rares. Wow, impressive sherlock.

The real fact is that (if you play the game as intended, without using exploit) there's a 20 hours cooldown and the Ape quest, so you can only get like 5 rare a day by the Isle of Iron Statue, while you can get easily 100 moa with a few quick solo quest in NG.

So no, rare are not easier to get if you play solo. They are harder to get, except if you exploit the game, which is obviously not intended gameplay-wise.

Give solo mini games for solo players!

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Give solo mini games for solo players!
    Why? You can solo bori.
    We will be Serious after death.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345