Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't forget the solo play

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    Palace of Cetriss was the solo instance planned for DS
    Now it is a raid
    Maybe it will have a solo version
    It's a misunderstood info Craig wrote about once, it was never said that Cetriss was planned to be the solo instance.

New solo instances, big NO.

Solo play dosen't just have to be dungeons though. Most other MMO's don't make solo dungeons at all, but create various types of "solo" outdoor content.

The easiest way for Funcom to create true solo content would be to make sure players had a reason to go to Dragon spine and quest there.

The most trendy these days is to create events that anyone can participate in. Like Rift /Gw2. We saw Funcom tried to implement something similar earlier this year with the outdoor boosses, the problem was that players invited each other to the zone to the point it crashed, having zones crash on innocent questers is a no go.

The Golem encounter in Khitai is actually a similar "event" but it limits the amount of participants in the event long before there's any chance for the zone to crash.

So if Funcom plan to make more outdoor events they should probably look to the golem but make it automatic so no players need to take on the ridicilus task of collecting the 300 Life essences.

To go back to true solo content, it would probably be most cost effective to introduce various types of factions. Some that only need you to kill 5000 mobs of a specific type, others that have an impact on the economy and ask you to collect various types of resources, and so on.

About dungeons, it would probably be cost effective to make solo versions of the old resource dungeons like Ravine, Frost swamp and Oasis. These are not used that much by the current playerbase and would feel like new content to many.

I think a solo dragonspine dungeon would be more effective. I see 1 wyrm group every week...

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    I think a solo dragonspine dungeon would be more effective. I see 1 wyrm group every week...
    The reason there is few Wyrm runs is because of the loot. With the new quest maybe it'll change. We'll see.

In WoW players create their own solo dungeons by soloing low lvl group dungeons. Back in the days players would Solo Catacombs for the recipie books for example, you can also solo AoK and Magic lvl 80 bosses if you have enough protection, you can also solo 60-80 Epic zones depending on class/skill.

If we had more reasons to solo lvl 62 AoK, that might be some easy content.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelForPrez View Post

If we had more reasons to solo lvl 62 AoK, that might be some easy content.
    I soloed it for bitchin' face mask and had fun doing so
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by JoelForPrez View Post
    The reason there is few Wyrm runs is because of the loot. With the new quest maybe it'll change. We'll see.
    Depends on the server you play on.
    There are actually a decent amount of Wyrm runs on Crom, although most of those are not pugs.
    It's a bit like Coils and Paikang instances, people do run these instances, but don't necessarily advertise in global.

As for the quest, if you're referring to "Mastering the old world", i believe that the quest concerns only the unchained dungeons, which are AoK, Caravan hideout, HoEF and Scorpion Cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    As for the quest, if you're referring to "Mastering the old world", i believe that the quest concerns only the unchained dungeons, which are AoK, Caravan hideout, HoEF and Scorpion Cave.
    there's a new one, that requires to kill all bosses in ardashir fort, vile nativity, wyrm and coils...
    although, we did fort yesterday and the quest did not update after we killed sodabeh...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Does it have the same reward ?
    That would be kinda neat tbh.

i cannot check at the moment, but if i remember, the reward are 3 "epic" loot chest... but i have no idea of what they may dop...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Does it have the same reward ?
    That would be kinda neat tbh.
    There's different reward, mastering the old world drop armor / accesories, while this one drop weapons/accesories. So different stuff.
    It's mostly of intrest to Khitai geared players though, T4 decked guys dont get much, still nice for alts and stuff.

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps667edf34.jpg

and changes to some of the items above:
    http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps281d5106.jpg
    Last edited by JoelForPrez; 21st November 2013 at 14:29.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast