Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't forget the solo play

Default Don't forget the solo play

I am all for the new 6 mans and raids but don't forget that people solo too.
    We don't all have the time or commitment or desire to do 6 mans or raids, sometimes we just want to solo and also be rewarded. You have Forgotten City, Refuge of the Apostate, Dead mans hand and the Isle of Iron statues that give you a decent pay off that helps the soloist get some gear, all I ask is for a couple more dungeons to add a little more variety for the solo player. Why cant you make some of the 6 man dungeons doable in solo mode, lessen the overall HP of the bosses and you could solo some of them.
    If anyone has some good ideas on how the solo player can get some good gear with out grinding them 4 dungeons I mentioned I'd be happy for your tips.

Uh maybe the devs should put pvp ahead of everything at this point?

Let's see, pvers have t1/2/3/3.5/4 (multiple t1's)
    20 or so 6-mans
    lots of solo dungeons
    Old 6-mans getting redone

pvpers have gotten 1 mini in 5 years, Want to know why the game is dead? Start there
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

On the downside, there isn't really anything a solo player can do to get stuff better than faction blues. On the upside, a solo player doesn't really need anything better than those for whatever solo content that exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Uh maybe the devs should put pvp ahead of everything at this point?
    This horse is no more. It has ceased to be. It has expired and gone to meet its maker. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. It would be pushing up the daisies if you weren't still trying to beat it.

Default I'm not the first to say this

I find it strange that you need to PVE to get the best gear to PVP.

Just count pvp as solo, group and raidplay and you can focus back on the topic.

Imo, what is lacking is not solo play, but content that scales and can be done with smaller groups (e.g. 2-4).

They also add from time to time new solo elements and they have the dilemma, if they really want to (the MMO argument).

Personally i would not focus too much dev power on solo instances...you can consider the whole of faction grind, the 1-80 levelling etc. as solo content already.

But more casual solo instances with "some" reward might be nice (scaling ones, can be variants of existing stuff with a daily repeatable for example), just as long as they can be accessed by groups too (imagine a group in dead mans hand for example!).

I enjoy solo play alot. But it becomes really boring much faster than raids and instances.

Random elements. There are a whole bunch of full games relying completely on this out there (diablo for example).

For example there could be a tag box in the options like "allow random solo encounters while travelling". This could range from a spawning ambush of bandits (as in resource zones) to a warp to a random zone along the way with a random quest as well.

The silk road idea was nice, but the problem was that all was predesigned. Once you did them all, the flavour was gone.

Random encounters throughout world zones would be cool. Something like the nightmare bubbles in paikang but on larger scale, I think that would be fun (rehashed old bosses could make for loads of them easily), but more solo instances ie; isle/refuge? Please no.

Villa in Tarantia Commons is getting unchained solo mode (like Lost City).

There is all ready solo dungeon that is also a group dungeon: Into the Breach

Dragon Spine was supposed to have 1 solo dungeon too.
    Retired

Palace of Cetriss was the solo instance planned for DS
    Now it is a raid
    Maybe it will have a solo version

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast