Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread for Unchained Halls of Eternal Frost, Caravan Raiders Hideout

The Archer boss in Scorpion Caves has too much hitpoints. We had a group of four good players (skill and fully khitai/t4 geared) and two average, and we could not get him below 10-15%. According to my parse and some math, he has approximately 2,700,000 health, which is more than Louhi in T3. And an enrage timer at 5 minute 40 seconds. I was tanking the boss on my DT, doing 1700-1800 dps, so with a Guardian or Conqueror tanking him, it would be even harder. We kept getting the BS and offtank charmed and they could not do the dps required from them with the buff active. Adjusting the hitpoints a fair bit down or extending the enrage timer by a minute or so would make this boss doable for many more groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    The Archer boss in Scorpion Caves has too much hitpoints. We had a group of four good players (skill and fully khitai/t4 geared) and two average, and we could not get him below 10-15%. According to my parse and some math, he has approximately 2,700,000 health, which is more than Louhi in T3. And an enrage timer at 5 minute 40 seconds. I was tanking the boss on my DT, doing 1700-1800 dps, so with a Guardian or Conqueror tanking him, it would be even harder. We kept getting the BS and offtank charmed and they could not do the dps required from them with the buff active. Adjusting the hitpoints a fair bit down or extending the enrage timer by a minute or so would make this boss doable for many more groups.
    Its more like 2,4 mil. health. Its doable but I cant imagine 2 guards tanking it. Well the truth is you dont even need a second tank for the whole dungeon so...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Well it can be tanked in frenzy stance anyway. The only deal with the bosses HP (and same with the last boss) is it just wrecks the encounter, there's not enough mechanics to justify so much HP, after a few charms we get the idea, no need to prolong it.

Still in all groups I've been with, very few players can be agile enough to effectively make the most of themselves and the charmed person.

Zoerri, an offtank should never go in a gimp spec. Offtank should be offensively specced only with a goad ready tbh. DT, guardian or conq, same thing.

Anyways you are getting your nerf now. On testlive boss hp will have 12.5% less hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Anyways you are getting your nerf now. On testlive boss hp will have 12.5% less hp.
    Its good that at least The Scorpion Cave and The Halls are and will be more pug/casual player friendly. There has been like zero content for casuals in years if we dont count nerfs of the existing content.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    Why does there have to be a cooldown on the quest at all? Isn't it enough that the dungeon has a lockout? I'd really like it if it was like the repeatable T4 quests. You can return them, repick the quest right away and complete it when the dungeon is not on a cooldown any more.
    ive completed the "mastering the old world" and could get it shared immiedetly again

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Its more like 2,4 mil. health. Its doable but I cant imagine 2 guards tanking it. Well the truth is you dont even need a second tank for the whole dungeon so...
    We did this last night - I actually enjoyed the archer prince fight. Actually had something that t4 gear was useful for (other than t4 i mean). Plus, everyone had to actually pay attention, and I liked the movement aspect. It worked fine when no one died - funny that. And I was on my guard with a carnage conq - yeah, it can be pretty much solo tanked. The shah was snore-worthy - just stand there and mash the keyboard. Nerfing it will certainly allow more to do it, but for geared toons it's a nice challenge as is.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Free Transfers

That is all

Time to stop making excuses, things are as stable as they are going to get. Let me off this damn rock.

[01:32] Demigod of Acheron died.

Fun boss I must say, reminded me of Jade Dugout (in a good way) & Fury's first afaik.
    Last edited by kalston; 28th November 2013 at 00:45.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Those new pots should *really* last 4 hours like all the others, 2 isn't enough. And why are DTs getting wisdom ones? They're useless unless you use terrible light armor.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast