Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread for Unchained Halls of Eternal Frost, Caravan Raiders Hideout

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    yes, the "normal" mode. not the unchained.And yes, i have tried...but *surprise* no chance to find groups for the "normal" content (tried in global and various guilds). Which kind of proves my point, that for the crowd wanting to do the "normal" stages, not much was added/changed. For those who liked the old versions (as with amphi) things might even have gotten worse (as said, no chance so far to test the normal modes), so prove me wrong here and let's do some of the "normal" ones!
    No you did not try normal mode,you just said that there is no "crowd" or not enough for you to try the normal modes.So now player mentality of just wanting to do the "hM" to gear up is somehow funcom's fault.

As far as the HMs go they are not terribly hard ,the gear is above khitai gear and the only issue is you need to farm them intensively due to the luck based loot system to get full sets and even then you might not.Encounters are not even that hard to figure out and do ,the so called gear check is khitai gear which is fine since you get something better out of it and all that it needs is people willing to communicate and cooperate.I don't see how all this is so bad.A few adjustments are needed (silly enrage timers/health pools)but is not that bad as people make it seem.Another thing that could be adjusted is lockout timers.20h is bad at the moment ,not because it does nto allow extensive farming but because it makes it harder to form groups when players that are available have lockout on different stuff from yesterday and can't group up for those instances while having enough to form a group.

This is interpreting too much into what i said.
    Again, i did not say adding the hardmode is bad. Only changing the normal modes as well "can" be bad.
    Also that there are probably many people for whom this content is not designed for or from which they do not benefit from at all.
    As such completely valid, especially if you look a bit up when there were design trends discussed.

Kurt, you are absolutely right about that, ppl dont want to do it in normal mode, because they dont know how cool it is. There isnt much advertisement about normal modes, yet they are just as new as unchained, and fun with good rewards (for fresh lvl 80 and f2p toons).
    I've done sereval normal mode runs on crom, found ppl for it in max 20 mins (I post lfm ads in nph too, and that helps a lot), sure it isnt as popular as atzels fortress, but im working on it

About the loot in caravan: you get old blue items (parts of the set you get in onyx and atzels) AND new full sets look the same as unchained set, and stats are around khitai rank 1 /rank 2 without khitai stats (no critigation or heal rating) and often more armor. New weapons in normal mode have more crit rating and crit damage rating than old ones, similar base weapon dmg. I do think Caravan is the perfect candy for a f2p player, it shows some of the cool tactics you can see in premium content. Join my group once and see yourself why did i go mad about you asking for a sample of the new content for f2p. It is there!

fangirl out
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

I always regreted not finding groups for caravan raiders or scorpion cave, since it had some very nice looking (and useful for new chars or for vanity) weapons, talismans and armors.

I think, it should be understandable that in such cases people are worried for a reason should the content be revamped too much in "normal" mode. There are examples when it went over the top (amphi, destiny quests) and some where it was successfull (or not happening) like forgotten city or dead mans hand.

And thank you for finally answering some questions. In that case, they would have really added something to normal modes too...all assuming nothing good was removed. So long i stick to the post, that just revamping is not really adding much
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th December 2013 at 16:33.

I have checked the Normal Mode for Scorpions' Cave last night with my assassin, level 66, and I must admit that I was wrong in my expectations. Funcom really did the best job with recreating and changing the instance to a new more challenging level.
    Well done here, guys! I really loved the new Normal Mode!!!
    Thanks once again!

Feedback for Scoprions' Cave, NM: excellent!

I shall check the Caravan's Hideout, NM soon.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Yeah, if it's possible to try something out, better to do so before forming an idea about it.

Update: I never complained about the difficulty because its fine and we cleared all 3 instances by the 3rd day anyway.

But....

Chance on purple gear from caches is still ridiculously low...we basica..............

nevermind. who gives a ****..why am i wasting my time. their all just farming memory cloud instances anyway.

In my opinion, the chances of getting an epic item are balanced in Dragonspine and the new four revamped dungeons. Some epic items might be too strong for a group, rather than raid, challnge.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

@ Lunatic

Did Caravan Hideout NM with our guild a few days back. We had two with experience on the HM, but it was still challenging - not so much as being hard, but enough not to fall asleep, maybe like a Xiba run. I actually liked that very much. No rewards worth mentioning, though, so will probably not be repeated.

@ General
    Caravan Hideout HM is okay. Two issues though:
    - The colours on Boss No. 2 are too hard to distinguish. We had several fellows with us who had almost no chance due to colour blindness - please, Funcom, that's actually quite common. No more colour coding, please!
    - The last boss is a bit weird. The only working tactic I know of is kiting the bridge mobs around like crazy and resetting them on evade spots. This appears to be the intended tactic now, but... I don't know... it feels stupid. Maybe change that to 1-2 people up there actually killing them.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 8th January 2014 at 20:56.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Suggestion for Halls of Eternal Frost:

make either Acheronian Warlord inaccessible without killing Un Nefer first, or, once you kill all Un Nefer's spirits and decide to skip Un Nefer, don't allow to reset the spirit bosses. It happened to one of my group that we went for HoEF run and killed Un Nefer, but when we came to Acheronian Warlord spot, the final boss was nowhere to be found. Turned out the guy who had entered the dungeon first bound us all to the instance without the Warlord, having done only the Warlord with another group only an hour ago. However, since the Un Nefer spirits were still there, there was no way to find out before it was too late.

BUG: Un Nefer can also spawn under unknown conditions without killing all of his spirits. Happened to me once.
    Last edited by Mokona; 11th March 2014 at 04:08.
    like hell