Thread: AoC with AMD's Raptr app - Gaming Evolved thing

Exclamation AoC with AMD's Raptr app - Gaming Evolved thing

Raptr from AMD crashes AoC .. every time. If you use AMD card, do not use Raptr with AoC.

If you are using Raptr and its working .. do say. Just tried putting it on while game ran .. instant crash, if app is on when patcher starts, game crashes.

The standard Raptr desktop app works flawlessly with AoC when disabling the in-game overlay and in-game notifications (Raptr -> Preferences -> In-game). At least that is what I had to do in ordrer to make it work on my rig. It crashed constantly (in the exact manner you are describing) until I disabled this setting. Now Raptr runs in the background and I can launch AoC (or any other game) with no crashes at all. I use an AMD graphics card.

However the AMD Gaming Evolved desktop app from Raptr might work differently (the features strikes me as a crossover between the standard Raptr app and some AMD specific tweaks from the AMD Catalyst Control Center, or the third-party app RadeonPro). I have not used it, and if I'm not mistaken, it is still in beta. Thus there could be several things causing trouble. Play around with the Raptr settings and see if there is any improvement, or have a look at the official "Introducing the AMD Gaming Evolved Desktop App Powered by Raptr!" announcement here. A quick glance tells me that your issue is not AoC specific.
    Last edited by Chop-Chop; 19th November 2013 at 00:46.
    Chopping heads since the 17th of May 2008
    -----
    Not a single offline level spent. 560 and increasing