Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bs Ranger or Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    i agree, especially with tanky pugs, and dots tend to keep sins out of hide....
    And thanks to gangrenous stench you don't get that easily sneak attacked !

In premade both class tend to die a lot. But still can do an insane amount of damage.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    To be fair here, casters and Rangers do have to both select the target and remain facing them through their entire attack animation or they do no damage. Melee, by comparison, will do damage to anything in melee range (does not need to be targeted), as long as the blade is swung. This is how melee classes beat casters in PVP (aside from knockdown and stuns).

I agree though. Play what you think you'd like best. Any class can be powerful if that is the playstyle and concept you want.

no man, this goes on casters but no on ranger,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sBDxQz6-UE
    The Law

i agree, especially with tanky pugs, and dots tend to keep sins out of hide....

demo has more direct single target group support with its ccs. ultimately with its mobility id say it has the edge in open world pvp.

in seiges demo is the sh*t no one has its dmg

in premades...well i havent done enough of em to judge, typically both crappy classes for the premades iv done, easy victims imo( necro dots arent as much of a threat because of tight heals, demo is in a crappy position if other team moves well
    If you can bomb it's great but current premades are pretty much 3 tanks, 2 poms, and some poor class that spends the whole game getting sh1t on. Usually that's a demo or necro, but sometimes a barb or ranger. With the change to the sprint mechanic there's really no stamina management which worked in favor of ranged classes, on top of the fact most caster cc's take a second to cast, deal no damage, and with every class having at least one or multiple CC breaks mostly ineffective except for a few like Detonate or an instant Repulse. If they changed back to instant CC's which could be used as interrupts...but that's not going to happen :/
    Last edited by Suctum; 23rd November 2013 at 11:03.
    Doomsayer 2008

Choose Bear Shaman, more intresting gameplay than ranger/demo combined

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    If they changed back to instant CC's which could be used as interrupts...but that's not going to happen :/
    if u have instants: foe has instants

na instants are silly imo

**me playing a sin** oh crap i miss a combo, its ok: aod lotus extract, deaths gaze bomb dwww insta kb sds fs

ccs are cool as is, u can work around casts, and u can predict when melees are about to do ccs by the first step, adjusting the animation. u can work around that with combo jump, but u must risk a little cd if u cant land ur cc

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Yui View Post
    You can change direction, use mouse to control camera

@ Viroku

Well, come play on Fury. I see zero bad demos getting much kills. Only bad rangers and necros can get lots of kills

Bad demo = bad kiter = no kiting = zero kills cause you die all time

If you are master of kiting, then demo is best class for you hence it needs most kiting skills

Demo is totally different thing than what it was some years ago. Now while game is ruled by soldiers and high amount bubble classes almost every class is ur nemesis apart from bear shaman and tos :>

Sure its easier to deal damage, but it is also harder to stay alive and kite. Seems like a fair trade for me
    I play on fury and i see a lot bad demos getting nice kills, they do die a lot to though
    But i was obviously not understood, i never said that bad demo would destroy people, just that it is easy class to learn. Just like necro and ranger. And even with not great gear you can get some kills. It is true that necro and ranger do it easier but demo can do it to...
    Now mastering the class and being really good demo (or any other char) its not easy and i dont see that many great ones...
    But lets be honest with nice gear how hard is it to learn to kite and do o.k. with demo?

Well, it's not just about how good you kite but also about how good your opponent is at hitting a moving target :P

And well, it also depends on what you mean by "doing ok".
    Last edited by kalston; 23rd November 2013 at 22:04.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

if u have instants: foe has instants

na instants are silly imo

**me playing a sin** oh crap i miss a combo, its ok: aod lotus extract, deaths gaze bomb dwww insta kb sds fs

ccs are cool as is, u can work around casts, and u can predict when melees are about to do ccs by the first step, adjusting the animation. u can work around that with combo jump, but u must risk a little cd if u cant land ur cc
    Instant CC's sped up combat and kept it fluid. You could use them not only as CC's but interrupts. The way it is now is just lame, especially caster CC's since most deal no damage and are easily broken on damage or through the welfare AA break everyone got at 2.0. Not every class deserved a CC break by the way...

A Conq just has to hit the opener and do 1.2k+ on Batter Aside with brutal opening feated while moving, a Caster has to sit still and deal nearly no damage while they cast a 1 second long cast. It doesn't matter if the conq's CC works or not, he still did a ton of damage. If the caster's doesn't hit, get's resisted, broken, or they run out of range you just wasted your time whereas the Conq was rewarded regardless.

It's dumbed down mechanics to make it easier to kill ranged or kiters, just like when they implemented stagger and the previous sprint revamp, where the "tactical resource management" part which was supposed to make it so great is basically waiting 2 seconds every 12 seconds of running. Stamina management, non existant. You would have to have been playing since launch to see the game pretty much has been dumbed down compared to anything pre-1.6. If you played after 3.0 only, you really don't know any better and just accept the current version of how it's supposed to be.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I
    It's dumbed down mechanics to make it easier to kill ranged or kiters, just like when they implemented stagger and the previous sprint revamp, where the "tactical resource management" part which was supposed to make it so great is basically waiting 2 seconds every 12 seconds of running. Stamina management, non existant. You would have to have been playing since launch to see the game pretty much has been dumbed down compared to anything pre-1.6. If you played after 3.0 only, you really don't know any better and just accept the current version of how it's supposed to be.
    stam revamp gave alot of run to casters, u know how necros do it these days, just jump around and land freeze as melee is about to hit, dot and jump around some more the keep melee out of range by spamming unimaginable terror until melee finally loses patience from being dotted and gets caught by fear. before stam revamp teh chain of events would have been the same, however the melee is always within range because casters didnt have much sprint

your biggest cc after detonation is hands of the underworld, if u place yourself in places its unlikely to get hit by a sin u become unhitable by any melee with the speed boost u get
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 24th November 2013 at 08:21.

stam revamp gave alot of run to casters, u know how necros do it these days, just jump around and land freeze as melee is about to hit, dot and jump around some more the keep melee out of range by spamming unimaginable terror until melee finally loses patience from being dotted and gets caught by fear. before stam revamp teh chain of events would have been the same, however the melee is always within range because casters didnt have much sprint

your biggest cc after detonation is hands of the underworld, if u place yourself in places its unlikely to get hit by a sin u become unhitable by any melee with the speed boost u get
    This is not true. I had a much easier time kiting before the sprint revamp. And your forgetting the exhaustion debuff which did have a big impact on people risking running out of stamina. If anything it was may more tactical managing a few seconds of sprinting and having to rebuild that resource while forcing someone to expend theirs against you rather than the BS of now that everyone just sprints however long they want with no consequence.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123