Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weapon question..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Please is there any HoX who has Ibis but using Trial over Ibis in minies? Just enlight me

I got Trial and would swap it for Ibis anytime although I´m Possesion/General up with 3 points in Tome of Erlik
    I would.

But then again, I have the t4 sword, so they're both complete and utter trash.

How do you guys rate the pvp weapons? PvP1 < PvP2 < Trial < Ripper < PvP3? Don't know if it's worth it to switch the butterknife to Warlord's Spellsword (135 tokens wth qq) but I'm sick to death with the look.

PvP2 > Trial of Flame

Higher Base Damage, more bonus magic damage, hit and critical damage bonus plus you get more constitution which is quite nice in pvp to have.
    Only backdraw there is a little less CR and armor on Trial coming from strength, but in PvP 80% of your damage comes from magic (even more if you still lack staying power cause of a lack of gear) and the intelligence gives you protection instead.

PvP3 == Ripper

I find these two quite on par with each other.
    The Spellsword has constitution and more magic damage (+ elemental prot) going for it, while Ripper yields more crit, higher base damage and a little more CR.
    In vacuum i would lean toward the pvp3, but if you already have the ripper i wouldnt bother getting pvp3.
    Last edited by Corais; 16th September 2014 at 12:02.

Hi all,

I just looted repressor's flamebrand from WB (yes, I'm a lucky one) and I wonder how it place itself compare to trial of flame ? Is it superior, equal or lower (I'm concerned about the 41 fire magic damage difference) ?

trial of flame: http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...l_of_flame.jpg
    repressor's flamebrand: http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...flamebrand.jpg
    Last edited by bobviolette; 6th October 2014 at 11:17.

Repressor's Flamebrand is superior.
    It has a huge advantage in crit, critdamage and combatrating.
    And last but not least it nets you a huge increase in weapon damage over Trial of Flame thus increasing your fire dots.
    This alone should outweigh your loss in magic bonus damage.
    It even outperforms Wrath of Xotli (HoX T3 Weapon) by a good margin.
    Last edited by Corais; 6th October 2014 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    Repressor's Flamebrand is superior.
    It has a huge advantage in crit, critdamage and combatrating.
    And last but not least it nets you a huge increase in weapon damage over Trial of Flame thus increasing your fire dots.
    This alone should outweigh your loss in magic bonus damage.
    It even outperforms Wrath of Xotli (HoX T3 Weapon) by a good margin.
    It has 40 point disadvantage in crit and that combat rating basically marginally boosts your white hits. And wrath is just a bit poopy. The difference looks a bit like t4 and t3.5 HoX swords. Anyways, should be a close call with Flamebrand edging it by being a lot cooler because of it's rarity and the fact that it doesn't look like a butterknife.

so what are the best rings/cloak/weapon for hox after 4.4, will int > combat rating?
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12