Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weapon question..

Default weapon question..

Guys i know that tier4 sword is the best out there..But since we dont have it yet..What would you choose better, Trial of flame or Feather of ibis??I mean does anybody tested them both?And if yes what are the pros and cons??Gotta choose..so any experienced hoxes here are welcome to help..!!!!

Simple answer to your question is Trial of Flame. You can easily compare stats of different weapons in AoC armory´s armor builder. http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php
    HoX - Emboror -

The Ibis is better.

Base weapon dps is higher.

The combat rating from +155 str is +465, whereas the ibis gives you +591 before you even slot any gems, AND the combat rating is elemental and not physical, meaning you'll be mitigated by the target's protection, not armor, which is usually lower anyways.

The crit rating is higher on the trial, but its under 1% difference, and the ibis has a ton of crit damage rating. Only thing the trial has going for it is the +155 magic damage. That's about +90 damage on a HFB. The gem slots can go a few different ways, of you're worried about the armor loss from the strength (about 1.5%) you can go diamond of the indomitable, or go extra crit. The blue can go bel's mirth or more combat rating, and the yellow is best with a holy combat rating gem.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I haven't tested myself, but i remember several hoxes testing both trial and ibis when khitai hit live, and from their feedbacks, it seems that even though ibis gives a bit higher spikes with moonstone of Bel's Mirth proccing, trial offers higher average dps.

The Butterknife is definitely the easiest to obtain and cheapest. If you can get Harbinger of Acheron from AoK HM I would do that, since that sword has hit rating which is very important, and is free except the effort it takes to grind it.

2HE Ibis costs a lot of Gold and is of course good for HoX and Barb but does not justify 60x the price of Trial.

If the question were which were cheaper then the Harbinger, then Trial, then Ibis. But he asked for the difference between trial and ibis.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    If the question were which were cheaper then the Harbinger, then Trial, then Ibis. But he asked for the difference between trial and ibis.
    Combat rating does almost nothing for a HoX unless it's in absurd amounts. And since most of HoX damage comes from magic, even in a primarily "melee" spec, the Trial is a MUCH better option.

Pretty sure Poifs is buffs by combat rating not magic damage, that's the only combo I see a lot of Hoxen using, both minis and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Pretty sure Poifs is buffs by combat rating not magic damage, that's the only combo I see a lot of Hoxen using, both minis and raids.
    Yea, but the combo itself is a very small part of a HoX DPS. The DoT from PoIF/BtD make up a much larger part of the DPS.(I'm assuming this is from a PvE perspective, since the guy asking the question is from Crom).

But, even in mini games, Trial will outperform an Ibis, unless you're using a Pillar's oriented spec. I say this because HfB is going to be your main source of damage in any minigame.

Please is there any HoX who has Ibis but using Trial over Ibis in minies? Just enlight me

I got Trial and would swap it for Ibis anytime although I´m Possesion/General up with 3 points in Tome of Erlik
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast