Thread: X-Rebirth fail - funny video inside

Thumbs down X-Rebirth fail - funny video inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxUx96-6-dw

Just too funny to miss. Best accent for slagging off a game ever. 1st 2 minutes and you'll be rolling around ..

Consoles .. tsk tsk tsk .. what has become of PCs ..
    Last edited by Invino; 18th November 2013 at 01:00.

Invino, you owe me 50 dollars I wasted on this piece of crap x rebirth. Disregard the fact that we've never even talked about x rebirth but my excitement for star citizen made me need a space sim game asap. I'll PM you my address. I expect a check in the mail in two days time.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Hehe I do feel for you. No one should be wasting money like that on Xbox port. I certainly know the feeling .. must play space game now! Maybe Elite doesn't suck ..

Still .. don't forget the SC sale this week. How can I even begin to justify $90 on 1 ship (M50), which is only good for racing! I have no clue, but it doesn't feel like wasted money.

As I was saying last night to my guildies, if I was not so freaking busy last week with work, I would have bought it too, but wanted to wait till weekend to actually have some time to play it.

Who knew overtime could be good for something?
    Last edited by Invino; 18th November 2013 at 17:47.

There is another terrible console PC game: Need for Speed: Rivals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDA37BmvNwM
    I guess no new NFS game can beat Need for Speed: World now.

Overall: no mouse support (?!) even when controlling the cursor on the screen; no ability to skip cutscenes; silly dialogues; incessantly explaining how to play a five-button game with silly tutorials; locked graphics framerate(?!).

Also, I was tempted to buy X: Rebirth; but fortunately for me, it came out on Steam. Knowing that Steam and Origin Store usually have region-locked games, I settled on not supporting anything that comes out exclusively in these barbaric region-locking stores.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 22nd November 2013 at 05:30.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

With some save file editing I've over come some of the debilitating bugs and have been actually really enjoying the game. It is a mess, but I think with a few more patches and player mod support, this game will be great.

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

It looks ok but every time I buy a space game they are incredibly disappointing once you start playing.

Last one I bought was Endless Space and it is completely and utterly trash.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Also, I was tempted to buy X: Rebirth; but fortunately for me, it came out on Steam. ...
    Hey hey Alex .. we miss you

Steam sucks for a lot of things indeed. Come to Star Citizen, NOSteam .. hehe

Since 2003 everyone has been making mediocre space games at best, downright enraging (cheers for the laughs X:R) at worst. And really the last good ones were made by Chris - Wing Comm, now making Star Citizen and David - Elite, now Elite : D. - tho I was far too young for Elite.

I have Endless Space with couple expansions, fun in the beginning, I like turn-based strategy, but ultimately falls over. I thank my lucky stars I am not into Star Wars or would have played those diabolical MMOs, or Star Trek for that matter.
    Last edited by Invino; 24th November 2013 at 10:43.

This game is really getting it's **** together now. Another month of patches and I think all if the kinks will be worked out.

I went into this game expecting a space combat game but what it really is is a economy revitalization game. I now have multiple space stations up and running in the 'rebel' faction space to complement the existing stations and it's great seeing sector wide traffic increase and the rebels being able to finally build up their fleet.

It's funny that the reason the game is great and the reason it has so many issues are both because if its complex economy. People see the ship yard getting stuck building their new destroyer ship and think the game is broken but what really happens is most likely the rival faction cut off that stations supply lines of one of the 80+ parts needed to produce that ship and it's up to you to build a new station to produce those parts, open the supply lines, buy/steal those parts and deliver them, or even make your own ship yard station. The reason this game isn't for everyone though is that when a problem like this occurs there is no mission update saying deliver x amount of y part to station z... you really have to figure everything out and solve it yourself with minimal hand holding.

Anyone with a bit of patience should really pick this up in a couple of months when it goes on sale. One or two more core mechanic tweaks and a stable community mod or two (deeper ship customisation please) and this game will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Hey hey Alex .. we miss you

Steam sucks for a lot of things indeed. Come to Star Citizen, NOSteam .. hehe

Since 2003 everyone has been making mediocre space games at best, downright enraging (cheers for the laughs X:R) at worst. And really the last good ones were made by Chris - Wing Comm, now making Star Citizen and David - Elite, now Elite : D. - tho I was far too young for Elite.

I have Endless Space with couple expansions, fun in the beginning, I like turn-based strategy, but ultimately falls over. I thank my lucky stars I am not into Star Wars or would have played those diabolical MMOs, or Star Trek for that matter.
    The space battles in STO are fun for about an hour or two until you realize they remain the same for the rest of the game.

Endless Space, the space battles looked cool when downloading. After about 10 hours of playing, it's quite honestly the worst 4x game I have yet played.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    This game is really getting it's **** together now. Another month of patches and I think all if the kinks will be worked out. ..
    I fear it is too late, they released a broken game to cash in before Elite: D Alpha kicks in and no one gives X:R a second look.

Maybe will get it when they have a 75% off steam sale. For £40 they can kiss my arse.