Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tanks have armor, ranged classes have ranged dps, what is inbetween if all same damag

The title of this thread should be. "Pvp isn't meant for everyone"

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    the way throughthedoor complains about this **** you would think he wants every class to have exactly the same capabilities in every way, which would make pvp pointless and retarded
    He does.....he wants the game evenly balanced.....this is the only way to do it....one class.....one feat tree....game balanced (according to him)
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

SDS + Facestab possible damage output
    sds+ fs hits anywhere between 800 and 3.2k, sin is one of the classes highly dependant on luck: immunities, crits, offhands, evade chance, and fatality rating
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 20th November 2013 at 23:53.

There are benefits to each class. Soldiers are obviously overpowered because they can switch between 50%+ mitigation and 400+ DPS every 3 seconds. Other classes still have strong points though. If you can't see that I'm not going to sit here writing essays to get you to understand

There are benefits to each class. Soldiers are obviously overpowered because they can switch between 50%+ mitigation and 400+ DPS every 3 seconds. Other classes still have strong points though. If you can't see that I'm not going to sit here writing essays to get you to understand
    oh essays

go right ahead

lets say...10pgs per toon?

ill admit, i love the diversity aoc has to offer

when looking into sin,u can spec in so many ways for different circumstances

demo on the other hand is a bit more straight forward, which will appeal to your average ashtyphoon.

So much qq and ******** going on.

Yes, demos can kill sins, really depends if the sin is good or not.
    Me playing my sin, i've never fought a demo that can beat me 1/10 times even without me having dullpain ready. Though on the other hand i faceroll a bunch of sins on my demo. Yet agian my sin/demo is t4 geared and Jiangshi/deaths ward with pvp neck/cloak for insane surrvival. (+ i can play the classes)

Back to topic(after bragging)

Ranged characters obviously has range. Though nerco is a bit gimicky, you see the same thing over and over again. They die, they spelleweave.. and they might kill someone. Really noobie tbh.

Rangers are also such a weak class. But so insanely op for bad players. It's the least hard to become good at in pvp, tbh its very easy and its not much that pushes the best away from the rest. They get T4 gear, and they pop out of hide to kill people with low hit points. You cant do **** about it, as a clothie your down at 60/70% then a noob ranger goes out of hide, linebreaker -> pene shot -> TTS and its done, **** game design tbh, wheres the skill? then its back to hide and roam around for the next vitcim.

Tanks have in general always been the strongest classes. When theres a good player playing a tank with a team behind him he can pretty much say "I'm never going to die" while playing alone they can easily escape from most classes, either by hitting an aoe CC or simply getting back to the group where you cant really focus him anymore. The thing is, you cant focus him, yet if you dont he'll kill you as he do just about the same dmg as anyone else..

So what do you do? .. you try to CC him, but guardian in particular have sick CC immunities... also they all always have shorter time CC'd from AA's as they dont have any other viable option compered to healers/mages.

Personaly i enjoy playing sin, it gives a lot of challange, yet its super painfull to get kb by rangers which leaves you defenceless same with conq charge... for example a fully geared t4 heavy armor conq can charge a sin and kill it before he gets to do anything back, just straight up... Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by EnReX View Post
    So much qq and ******** going on.

Yes, demos can kill sins, really depends if the sin is good or not.
    Me playing my sin, i've never fought a demo that can beat me 1/10 times even without me having dullpain ready. Though on the other hand i faceroll a bunch of sins on my demo. Yet agian my sin/demo is t4 geared and Jiangshi/deaths ward with pvp neck/cloak for insane surrvival. (+ i can play the classes)

Back to topic(after bragging)

Ranged characters obviously has range. Though nerco is a bit gimicky, you see the same thing over and over again. They die, they spelleweave.. and they might kill someone. Really noobie tbh.

Rangers are also such a weak class. But so insanely op for bad players. It's the least hard to become good at in pvp, tbh its very easy and its not much that pushes the best away from the rest. They get T4 gear, and they pop out of hide to kill people with low hit points. You cant do **** about it, as a clothie your down at 60/70% then a noob ranger goes out of hide, linebreaker -> pene shot -> TTS and its done, **** game design tbh, wheres the skill? then its back to hide and roam around for the next vitcim.

Tanks have in general always been the strongest classes. When theres a good player playing a tank with a team behind him he can pretty much say "I'm never going to die" while playing alone they can easily escape from most classes, either by hitting an aoe CC or simply getting back to the group where you cant really focus him anymore. The thing is, you cant focus him, yet if you dont he'll kill you as he do just about the same dmg as anyone else..

So what do you do? .. you try to CC him, but guardian in particular have sick CC immunities... also they all always have shorter time CC'd from AA's as they dont have any other viable option compered to healers/mages.

Personaly i enjoy playing sin, it gives a lot of challange, yet its super painfull to get kb by rangers which leaves you defenceless same with conq charge... for example a fully geared t4 heavy armor conq can charge a sin and kill it before he gets to do anything back, just straight up... Balance.
    3 times you mention T4 gear, it's not classes that are unbalanced it's gear. Put everyone in T1 pvp armor and weapons and you'll find most classes are generally balanced when gear is equal. Conq and PoM would still be considered OP in that situation, but they are the new FoTM classes until someone else gets revamped so no big deal, there will always be a class or two like that at any given time.

Gear is the problem 80% of the time, pvp armor, accessories, and weapons needs to be updated. Period.
    Doomsayer 2008

Tanks have armor,
    Violets are blue,
    Demos have range,
    QQ

Well to actually try to answer the OP, in my opinion :
    - tanks have mitigation
    - demo/necro/ranger have range
    - priests have, well, healing
    - sin/barb have high mobility, be it from raw speed and/or cc purges/resistance
    - with all classes having the possibility to make damage.

Hox, as a melee cloth, should go in the sin/barb category but it is somehow lacking : no speed, cc resistances are highly conditional (transformation) and/or very high in a specific tree. Also energy revamp kind of nerfed them in the sprinting department : they used to be almost like demos with stamina pots, now they're the melee class with the lowest energy pool, and for example demonic fortitude is not so good anymore to enable sprinting.

Priest's healing is an asset though it may be the most ungrateful one in the age of pug minis, particularly for ToSes that have the least survivability of the 3. But it's undeniable that having a healer in a team vs none in the other (or a healer that has a clue vs a bad one, or a healer that is left unchecked vs one that is kept under pressure...) often makes the game.

In my opinion, what tends to make tanks overpowered is that some recent changes gave them more mobility, reducing the edge melee cloths and barbs should have over them. Those changes were the energy revamp (no more penalty for oversprinting), but even before that granting a cc-purge and a perk such as avoid entanglement to soldiers went in that direction. I wonder what pvp would look like if soldier's AA-purge was something else entirely or severely limited. In the case of the conq, making most weapon damage stacks and bladeweave passive also contributed to make the class "faster" in damage delivery.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    3 times you mention T4 gear, it's not classes that are unbalanced it's gear. Put everyone in T1 pvp armor and weapons and you'll find most classes are generally balanced when gear is equal. Conq and PoM would still be considered OP in that situation, but they are the new FoTM classes until someone else gets revamped so no big deal, there will always be a class or two like that at any given time.

Gear is the problem 80% of the time, pvp armor, accessories, and weapons needs to be updated. Period.
    I wouldn't say 80% .. Taking the shot is still idiotic, so is One last push, charge KB/aoe KB/Being able to bubble while CC'd/aoe fears on fullplate...

This overall isnt the biggest issue in pvp anyways.. its obviously the lack of ability to play as a team... (premades) as its not rewarding none does it... ah well

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast