Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: tanks have armor, ranged classes have ranged dps, what is inbetween if all same damag

Default tanks have armor, ranged classes have ranged dps, what is inbetween if all same damag

Based on my last thread (which leads up to this) is that all classes have good burst. I think 99% agree with that.
    So, the next discussion (given that stated) is what is the pro of not playing a tank or ranged dps because if you don't have one of the two, and dps is all the same, what is the reason for playing one without ranged dps or heave/plate gear.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Barb is fine, why it seems underpowered is because other classes are overpowered. (Pom, Conq, DT)
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Oh my god seriously ? Again ?!

There's a diffrence, PvP wise, between potential DPS burst and actual viable burst. DT burst, it's insane BUT, snare the DT 24/7 and he's pretty screwed and then you can kite him around. Sin burst on the other hand, tougher to avoid.

Rogues are anti-cc machines. As a mage it's way easier to kite most tanks than it is to kite a sin or a barb. Only guards can be tricky due to the insane CC resists and range + slight speed buff.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

well let me see, from almost every sin i hear of (t4) say that demo has more burst damage.

now i tali record
    both have same armor
    demo has more burst
    demo has more range
    demo wins

guard is more tricky to determine sense it isn't quite as black and white
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    well let me see, from almost every sin i hear of (t4) say that demo has more burst damage.

now i tali record
    both have same armor
    demo has more burst
    demo has more range
    demo wins

If it is so, sin is a nab. If sin comes outta stealth to attack demo, the fight is over in a few seconds -demo dead.

sin can push mages and priests unlike mages. sin has a lot of utility to help with that, and their very high burst dps lets them kill and get out fast.

barbarian has the cc breaks, speed buffs and sustained dps to kill mages, rangers and other rogues without them getting away, and good aoe cc's and cc's with short cooldowns combined with decent survivability and self healing to let them push into small groups and kill a clothie or light armor/ranger and get out alive.

you really just play a gimp spec man, trying to force your barb to hit like a sin without taking advantage of the barb's strong points

barb just can't get the short cooldown burst like a sin, and if you try to spec as much burst damage as possible, you get too small an amount for the insane survivability/utility/cc you give up

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post

now i tali record
    both have same armor
    demo has more burst
    demo has more range
    demo wins

What are you smoking? Demo hits sin with one attack to try to start that burst, LO procs, sin is now immune to magic including magic CCs. Between LO and dull pain any competent sin has demo dead without taking any more damage.

And what does "now I tali record" even mean???

....demo can easily kill sin if he know how to counter it, seen that, done that, its not as hard as ppl think, well too bad there aint no good demos, even sharmutah's necro is harder to kill than any demo on fury -.-
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    ....demo can easily kill sin if he know how to counter it, seen that, done that, its not as hard as ppl think, well too bad there aint no good demos, even sharmutah's necro is harder to kill than any demo on fury -.-
    1v1 no problem, how about in a mini game where your kiting the sin and...a conq CHARGEKB you while kiting, or a ranger LB...not every situation is answered by "I'm pro I just kite and kill them". Not always the case in minis, especially pug minis where most players don't care about their team mates or really aware of where they are.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast