Thread: Re-running Tortage Beach (Leveling made easy and slow)

Post Re-running Tortage Beach (Leveling made easy and slow)

Warning: Wall of text ahead...
    -----
    Someone on the old forums had once joked that with Tortage Beach resetting in 30 minutes you could repeat it over and over again eventually expecting an 80 to pop out.

I decided to run a toon through multiple times to estimate how long that would take. I've been tabulating a leveling XP chart which is what I used to generate many of these numbers. I'm missing a few levels in the late 50's and late 70's, so the estimate for a level 80 is less accurate.

Keeping a double XP potion up and killing everything on the map, you get to level 6 on the first run through. Level 7 on the second, 8 on the third, 9, on the fourth, 10 on the sixth, 11 on the eleventh and 12 on the twenty-first.

Using math assuming 2 xp per kill (instead of actually going through this Crom forsaken jungle again) for everything except the apes (who are worth 14 while the ape king is 26), it'd take an additional 26 runs to get to level 13. And this is where it really slows down.

From level 13 and on, all mobs are worth 2 XP. If you are playing hardcore mode and don't use XP potions, well, that's 1 XP per kill. Double the values below.

To get to level 25 - 1,546 total jaunts through the Barachian jungle.
    To get to level 30 - 4,247 total trips. (You can start using Offline levels here, but you won't be accruing 139 tin on average per trip!)
    To get to level 50 - A total of 18842 trips slogging through the same, stupid, jungle. But you'd have approximately 2 gold, 63 silver, and 49 copper plus all the vendor trash you've accumulated, which is nice.

And if someone has been hitting this every 30 minutes since launch, we can expect the first 80 to pop out of the jungle wearing manacles after completing approximately 200,478 runs about five years from now.

Interesting notes:
    1. Quest NPCs don't respawn so you only get to beat Saddur down once.
    2. Items have weird stack totals as shown below with stack values:
    Pirate Gold Teeth: 100 (13 C, 80 T)
    Blue Pearls: 50 (8 C, 75 T)
    Small Mangled Fangs: 50 (9 C 50 T)
    Pict nose bones: 50 (6 C, 25 T)
    Fresh Bloodbelly Ale: 50 (1 C 75 T)
    Bananas: 30 (30 T)
    Ape King Treasure: Doesn't stack

The rarest clothing item was the slaver's hood which was only dropped by Kier-Dheed four times in the 22 trips I took through the jungle.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

This post just ended aoc...

/uninstall forever

I salute this. Somebody had to make the calculations. Great it was done now.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 15th November 2013 at 07:38.