Thread: Settings/chat tabs not saving.

Post Settings/chat tabs not saving.

Encountered this problem again, and got some nice solutions from a tech gm.

enjoy.

GM Kanura & GM Ysbaddaden

First, please try to restart the game client as administrator. This can be done by right-clicking the ClientPatcher.exe file and choosing "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

I would like you to go to:

C:\Users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Pre fs

Then find your account name, within that account name folder please look for Charxxxxxxxx. [you will have more than one, just do the same with all of them] There should be a file in there called Prefs_2. Please right click it and then click properties, please ensure that it isn't set to read only.

If it isn't set to read only please log into the game and arrange your windows how you would like, then /camp out of the game. Please then set the file to Read Only, then enter the game.

Greetings,

I would like you to try and do the chat tab reset again but please do it exactly in this order.

1) Log into the character whose preferences are not updating/saving properly.
    2) Delete all chat tabs, except for the first one. You can do this by right clicking on the chat tab name and selecting "Delete tab 'tabName'" from the menu.
    3) Click the * tab and add a Global or Say tab.
    4) Delete the first chat tab (not the new Global one).
    5) Enter /camp into the chat window, and wait out the full 15 seconds.

And that made my day. everything works great, and settings is saved every time, and no stupid atutentication errors while /camp.

Hope this works for others as well
    Last edited by Jonnyponny; 10th November 2013 at 11:35.