Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Barbarian Concept (Before khitai?)

Default My Barbarian Concept (Before khitai?)

LOL found this on my harddrive almost 4 years ago.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7371/1...f999eb63_o.jpg

If t4 gear looked more like this... man it'd be badass.

You and the people who prefer tier 1-3 gear visuals to T4/Khitai seem to have no taste whatsoever... pre-Khitai gear looks like a mash-up between generic fantasy armor from WoW and Frank Frazetta artwork, particularly the Conq and Demo sets, while Khitai sets, in particular hox/demo/ranger/bear shaman/pom T4, and the Hyrkanian + Wolves faction armor are the best I've seen in any MMO, if not even any game.

Some of the T4, assassin and conqueror comes to mind, are really no worse designed than the other T4, but they're too light and colorful and as such look a bit silly in game... If the sin T4 was all black or even just a bit darker, it would look completely awesome. The DT/Guard/ToS T4 meanwhile might have been a bit too bold; they're great and interesting sets but maybe something a little more low-key should've been used for T4.

That armor concept is terrible
    Khitai Sets have awesome design

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    LOL found this on my harddrive almost 4 years ago.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7371/1...f999eb63_o.jpg

If t4 gear looked more like this... man it'd be badass.
    The nike swoosh was good for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    You and the people who prefer tier 1-3 gear visuals to T4/Khitai seem to have no taste whatsoever... pre-Khitai gear looks like a mash-up between generic fantasy armor from WoW and Frank Frazetta artwork, particularly the Conq and Demo sets, while Khitai sets, in particular hox/demo/ranger/bear shaman/pom T4, and the Hyrkanian + Wolves faction armor are the best I've seen in any MMO, if not even any game.

Some of the T4, assassin and conqueror comes to mind, are really no worse designed than the other T4, but they're too light and colorful and as such look a bit silly in game... If the sin T4 was all black or even just a bit darker, it would look completely awesome. The DT/Guard/ToS T4 meanwhile might have been a bit too bold; they're great and interesting sets but maybe something a little more low-key should've been used for T4.
    ID say that the khitai gears are horrible, it dosent fit on aoc at all, what look more stupid than everyone running with same tiger/bb/ll gear, and in northen cimmeria i see tigers and korea mans running,, i bet t1-t3 raid armor fits more in this game than korean fan service

ye king conan also weared khitai ll set in cimmerian village. NOT
    The Law

I'm not a huge fan of khitai sets either. Most of it all looks to big with odd colors and designs. When running around in khitai gear i feel like Po-Sha.

I like much better the old world designs. Sure some are badely rendered (BS raid gear for example). But the design is much more to my liking.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

After a long time I think many Khitai sets grew on me and are not that terrible (still the Assassin clown mask and the Conq ballet shoes look stupid). The Dragon Spine sets look ugly also imho.
    Turan armor looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by lok502 View Post
    After a long time I think many Khitai sets grew on me and are not that terrible (still the Assassin clown mask and the Conq ballet shoes look stupid). The Dragon Spine sets look ugly also imho.
    Turan armor looks great.
    Nothing wrong with the Assassin mask - while its a bit 'outrageous' and oriental, it really gives you a "medieval Chinese secret police" vibe. You can totally imagine a force of city enforcers in those masks surrounding some poor fool in a shadowed street.

The problem is the light green/purple-colours. If it was all black, it would look 100x better. It's like Batman's costume; the grey, yellow and blue one from cartoons and most comics looks cheesy and stupid, but the black one in the more gritty, realistic Nolan movies looks awesome, even though the design itself is essentially the same.

I like sin t4 mask, but the helmet is horrible. T4 mask looks like some ancient Eastern masks

Some khitai armors are just terrible, well most of them. But also some looks great like SC or t4 mage sets

But the main problem is the colors, like in above. If it were black or dark grey armors would have be much better

Old world armor looks more realistic and better for Conan cause it is themed by ancient times
    Last edited by ghostFromThePast; 10th November 2013 at 06:31.

Kithai armor is horrible imo. I don't like at all the designs.
    Plus I don't like Kithai, by far the worst place in Hyboria. Some good looking places and great graphics in some locations, but the enemies, the music...are horrible imo. Gateway is for me the best zone while talking about Kithai.But maybe thats me, I don't like the asian "feeling" into AoC at all.
    Last edited by Meleagro; 11th November 2013 at 09:47.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast