Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Access Denied trying to install.

Question Access Denied trying to install. (RESOLVED)

I recently came back and a friend is trying to load on their machine and is receiving a message that access is denied trying to run the Installer EXE. Have tried adding exceptions to firewall and Antivirus but still getting the same error. They are running as administrator. Anything else that may be missing to get this to run?

I should point out that they downloaded the exe from the account page. They tried using the original disk to install but now getting files could not be created when running the patcher.

Win7 Home Premium 64

thank you.
    Last edited by wolffianna; 10th November 2013 at 07:45.

Get a new antivirus. No need for a firewall other than Windows built in one. Can you screenshot the exact error?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Actually turns out the Anti virus was turned off as was the firewall.

Since it's not my machine I can't get the screen but message is:
    some files could not be created please close all applications reboot windows and restart this installation

Have tried running conanpatcher.exe alone as well as both Ageofconan exes (DX10 and standard).

Is their hard drive full? Need between 20-30 GB of HD space.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

1.2 TB free. Now here's the question they installed to D instead of C because C only has 9GB free. I'm pretty sure I did this as well on my first install with no problems but maybe it's not happy on the D?

Quote Originally Posted by wolffianna View Post
    1.2 TB free. Now here's the question they installed to D instead of C because C only has 9GB free. I'm pretty sure I did this as well on my first install with no problems but maybe it's not happy on the D?
    No, that shouldn't matter. Would be a lot easier to troubleshoot if I could see the error.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

some files could not be created please close all applications reboot windows and restart this installation

That is the error. I asked for a screen and this what they are giving me. It starts off updating the window completes then tries to install new updater and that's when it gives the above error message.
    Last edited by wolffianna; 9th November 2013 at 00:44.

Try installing in a different directory. Might be something with permissions.
    You can also try this:
    http://lallousx86.wordpress.com/2009...-in-windows-7/

Edit: also make sure you run the installer/patcher as administrator

The link didn't work. Screen shots being added both of patcher and of the install access denied (though not much to it)

This is all they get when either patching or running clean installer from download site.

So the problem wound up being Comodo and adding all the files to trusted status.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast