Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: enable joining minis with our 1 or 2 friends at least

Default enable joining minis with our 1 or 2 friends at least

What title says..why we can't enjoy Aoc with our friends together..at least we can join minis with our 1 friend..

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    What title says..why we can't enjoy Aoc with our friends together..at least we can join minis with our 1 friend..
    Not gonna happen.
    There have been several discussions on this issue, no response from FC. You can forgot about PvP and any fix/updates. It doesn't make money.

Sorry...
    We will be Serious after death.

Aren't you supposed to come in the opposite team so you can gank your friends?

Would be a nice feature, but since you're 6 in every team, a group of teamworking t4 geared would ruin the whole balance.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    a group of teamworking t4 geared would ruin the whole balance.
    What balance? Like current minigames are any close to being somewhat balanced.

Second thing is: get your own friends and teamwork with them.

Somehow PVE content became this part of AOC when you HAVE TO put in the work. Content too hard? No, its your problem so don't QQ and get better group. This is what I typically see in PVE.

PVP content? Oh it should be fair, and casual and balanced and friendly. This is exacly the kind of attitude that ruined the experience for dedicated PVPers so causals can do their 1-2 minigames after raid and feel good about not getting totally face rolled.

I used to get friends together on vent and we would jump into minigames. It didn't matter what classes we had or what pvp lvles and gear, it was all about pvping together. We could join minis with 2, 3 , 4 or 6 people and it was fast, convinient and bloody fun.

And going even futher back we could be pvping farmers in Bori while waiting for minigame to pop up and after mini we would get ported straight into Bori and continue the mayhem until next mini.

Craig "PVE" Morrison changed that and, it restrospect, it costed the company more people leaving than Bori itself. It was his single, most dumb idea in all of the years. I generally have a lot of sympathy for Sillirion, but that just just plain stupid.

And PVPing against friend and guildies in minigames? That's fun from time to time, but I DEAR to say that pvping WITH THEM would be much much muuuuuuuuuuch more enjoyable.

Sorry for ranting so much, but this really gets under my skin. I used to have so much fun win minigames and know so many people that it just makes me sad to have it taken away.
    Last edited by Slith; 7th November 2013 at 14:45.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Aren't you supposed to come in the opposite team so you can gank your friends?

Would be a nice feature, but since you're 6 in every team, a group of teamworking t4 geared would ruin the whole balance.

Its also more fun to PVE against your friends

Don't take your friends in 6 mans anymore

instead play with random PUGs you don't know

and see who gets all that leet pve gear the fastest!!!!

AOC pvp random mini games have become a comedy show they really are in the worst state ever! with out a populated ranking sign up system I just cant see how funcom could turn this around

ALL mixed inside the same mini....
    -F2P players with no AA
    -Veterans
    -1 day old lvl80s
    -high end gear No gear Low gear
    -high AA Low AA
    -team players no team players
    The list goes on and on! as long as your toon is lvl 80 you can sign! Its ridiculous!

pvp is over, now im prolly get bann from forums just from saying it, keep banning forum accounts while u let HaxOrs play game? fair? not really,

minis are broken u cant even sign on them without fighting with SIGN UP bugs for 20m first, and server transfers wont open because Nusquam is trying to delay pvp:ers going to fury and kill rest of pvp server before pvp:ers from crom can get chance to go there, after transfers come i doubt no pvp:er go fury anymore,

Anyone ever think why why from every patch/ fix they do. Every damn time PVP is UNplayable, if u sign mini game crash etc,,horrible balances like always other team 2x healer while other non, GG funcom. since craig came, you have only tried to kill pvp, but hey atleast u can get more money by killing other side from game... NOT...

working mmo only has one side of content , thats right, game is good if only pve , and horrible if both of them... logic of funcom.

too bad u kicked MAJORITY of the game away with funcoms stupidness, and now when u make threads "what do players want" there is not that majority anymore, and then you listen to the "ex" minority, why wont funcom get some brains before working on games, maybe funcom should start from the bottom.

ofc im gonna hire a handicapped guy with no arms to drive taxi,

apologizing from huge rant, but its funcom .. u all understand ;>
    Last edited by Derled; 7th November 2013 at 14:59.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post

PVP content? Oh it should be fair, and casual and balanced and friendly. This is exacly the kind of attitude that ruined the experience for dedicated PVPers so causals can do their 1-2 minigames after raid and feel good about not getting totally face rolled.
    This seems completely valid pvp behaviour to me. Same with what you described later. As with pve, not everyone is hardcore. And not everyone plays the same every day. But no "attitude" ruins the experience...it is the amount of options you have (not much).

What you and Derled said should still not be considered rant, because it describes a clash of interests and expectations.

It was suggested to divide up the pvp experience (be it by choosing pvp or pve when entering a zone, dividing the minigame queues by lvl or power etc.) and this was always countered (and i think funcom fears this too maybe) by "then we would divide up the limited population even further, resulting in less pvp".

Let me explain, why i think this is wrong:
    First, as the clash of interest shows, different types of pvpers (divided by power or attitude and time) are forced to play together, resulting in less people happy...
    More options would only result in less pvp, if you had the same approach to pvp on the players (which certainly is not the case). So the point is, that more queues, options or brackets are more likely to draw in and concentrate likely minded players, resulting in even more pvp!
    In addition the division does not have to be strict. You can for example, penalize premades signing a pug environment, penalize a t4 or pvp10 char joining the low power queues and vice versa. So they could sign to get things started, but could not effectively abuse or pervert the queues (like done now with objectives and "balancing").

Angry

And PVPing against friend and guildies in minigames? That's fun from time to time, but I DEAR to say that pvping WITH THEM would be much much muuuuuuuuuuch more enjoyable.

Sorry for ranting so much, but this really gets under my skin. I used to have so much fun win minigames and know so many people that it just makes me sad to have it taken away.
    I miss old time when me and my friends were pvp2-3, sucking almost every minigame, but dam, it was fun like hell!

That's why i can't join a minigame with a smile...no matter winning or loosing, it was ALWAYS FUN.
    Drimivol - Conqueror - Dracones Nigri

Somehow PVE content became this part of AOC when you HAVE TO put in the work. ... PVP content? Oh it should be fair, and casual and balanced and friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    It was suggested to divide up the pvp experience (be it by choosing pvp or pve when entering a zone, dividing the minigame queues by lvl or power etc.) and this was always countered (and i think funcom fears this too maybe) by "then we would divide up the limited population even further, resulting in less pvp".

Let me explain, why i think this is wrong:
    Comparing PvE and PvP in terms of casual appeal isn't entirely honest of course. It's easy to distinguish between "dedicated" and "casual" PvE, since it is just a matter of boss scripts and corresponding rewards.

PvP is an entirely different beast, since it is dynamic. There are no clear "options" for hardcore and casual PvP. Take AoC: at the time they removed premades, Funcom probably believed that they were lowering entry barriers to PvP by doing so. Suffice to say that it didn't work - casuals still got steamrolled. There are numerous reasons for that, mostly:
    1. the gear and AA gap, which FC increased exponentially,
    2. the fact that the elimination of premades increased the incentive to do your own thing in minis, instead of supporting your team, and
    3. the main and simple reason that AoC combat mechanics aren't all that easy to master.

The last point is key. There will always be a skill gap in AoC, which is a good thing. Due to the skill gap, a simple mechanism like a signup queue will never be able to even things out between teams. The current system didn't do the trick, and a division between PvP level brackets won't do it either.

Given its mechanics, PvP in AoC will never be perfectly accomodating to casuals. But you can likely broaden the player base by making PvP more competitive. Unchained minigames are a good step, since they encourage one set of skills (motoric) over grind. Allowing signups with friends would be another good step, since it encourages another set of skills (collaboration) - and it's not always the fastest keyboard wizards who also excel at that. Encourage competition - and both hardcore PvPers and casuals will benefit.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast