Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about DoTs (bleeds)

Question Questions about DoTs (bleeds)

Hello,

I was wondering if bleeds for conqueror (and I think this is true for all DoTs) depend on the combo that used to trigger them.

For the sake of clarity I'll number my questions:

1.) For example if I use Bloodbbath on a target with 3 shields are the bleeds reduced accordingly?

2.) Or do they tick with full strength? Regardless of combo that triggered them?

3.) What about bleeds that are not tied to specific combos - Rend or Lacerate for example? Are they reduced according to how many shields had the target at the time of proc?

4.) What about white damage strikes procs? If bleed procs from a simple strike, is it reduced by shields again?

5.) What defenses are used against bleeds? Armor and all the other stuff?

DoTs do not get reduced by the number of shields the mob had at the time the DoT started, whether from combo dot or white hit proc dot.

If a DoT is slashing/crushing/Poison it gets checked upon victim's armor.

Bleeds are mitigated by armor but I believe they are resisted by immunity.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Bleeds are mitigated by armor but I believe they are resisted by immunity.
    Does this mean if you are struck with a big bleed combo, and you pop Rune of Grounding, you dodge the remainder of the dots?

I'd test but I'm lazy...

All bleeds are dot effects doing physical damage. All dots are resisted by immunity, lowered by corresponding protection type, deflected by proper damage deflection, bypassing shields.

Didn't dots count as magic damage (even though it was physical) that's why bleeds were proccing arcane marauder and LO at one point? (a long time ago)

Not sure if they changed that or not, but I remember the conq bleeds doing so, at least for LO. It would make sense why immunity and not evade was taken into resisting dots.
    Last edited by Suctum; 5th November 2013 at 03:37.
    Doomsayer 2008

DoTs and GoDS procs are both spell effects. The feats that buff specify spell critical chance. They're still both doing physical damage and are only buffed by weapon damage.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Default Thanks

Thank you for your replies! You have answered what I wanted to know.

Dot dmg should be scaled by the max HP, I find it dumb that conq dot can do like 600-850 per tick on cloth armor ? and with so low cd and for burst dmg example ; bloodbath + improved feint attack in frenzy on any cloth? thats wayyy too much,

same with bearshaman dot its just silly with t4 blunt it can crit 1,3k in dps spec on clothie.

suggestion, scale dot dmg by max hp, more dmg on soldiers for example and lower dmg on demos / sins for example
    The Law

Lol, Derled, who would want to play a soldier then?

Cloth armor are supposed to be squishy. Thats why they have more crowd control abilities than the heavy classes. If you enter a minigame as a clothie with 6k health, you're the one asking to get killed a million times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast