Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Max Demo DPS

Not only is yak a really bad fight to parse dps but you killed him in 1min? impressive! or rather trying and failing to look cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    1) Vykthorya 549,099 20.92%

Time in combat: 01:06
    Overall DPS: 8319.68
    Overall HPS: 62.01
    Damage done: 549,099
    Damage taken: 45,379

Healing done: 4,093
    Healing taken: 8,579

Highest burst dmg: 78,982
    Highest burst heal: 1,225
    Self inflicted dmg: 7,078
    This can't be accurate. 1 minute is only one adds cycle and it is impossible to kill Yakhmar T5 in that low amount of time. He has 9 million health meaning to kill the boss in that time you would need 24 players on boss full time ignoring adds, doing average 5,5k dps each. And that is not possible. The previous kill we had, Yakhmar took 15k raid dps while Broodlings took 28k raid dps. That fight lasted for 10 minutes. We had only 1 mage in that fight, I was on my Barb, so it could be higher numbers.

On Yakhmar T5, this build provides pretty good dps. http://goo.gl/D6ezZa . I don't claim this is an ultimate build but it works for me. Reasoning for FoG > Shockstrike is the casting time.

I attack boss between add waves, and have a timer on adds. I time my spellweave so Hand of Doom is always clickable when adds pop. I then cast Overloaded Shockblast 2 sec before adds spawn, so it hits then just after they appear, then follow up with an instant Hellfire Stream, Detonation (if avail) and Shock, before a WoF channeling.

Haven't raided T5 for a while now, but going tomorrow and I can post a screenie from my parse then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    This can't be accurate. 1 minute is only one adds cycle and it is impossible to kill Yakhmar T5 in that low amount of time. He has 9 million health meaning to kill the boss in that time you would need 24 players on boss full time ignoring adds, doing average 5,5k dps each. And that is not possible. The previous kill we had, Yakhmar took 15k raid dps while Broodlings took 28k raid dps. That fight lasted for 10 minutes. We had only 1 mage in that fight, I was on my Barb, so it could be higher numbers.

On Yakhmar T5, this build provides pretty good dps. http://goo.gl/D6ezZa . I don't claim this is an ultimate build but it works for me. Reasoning for FoG > Shockstrike is the casting time.

I attack boss between add waves, and have a timer on adds. I time my spellweave so Hand of Doom is always clickable when adds pop. I then cast Overloaded Shockblast 2 sec before adds spawn, so it hits then just after they appear, then follow up with an instant Hellfire Stream, Detonation (if avail) and Shock, before a WoF channeling.

Haven't raided T5 for a while now, but going tomorrow and I can post a screenie from my parse then.

Shax!

It was the adds not the boss.
    Before the first They Hunger came out.
    It was a wipe after that not a kill.
    Tanks pulled the adds together in a fine circle.
    It was an ideal time for Archfiends Pact with Waves of Flame while I get the Holy Cleansing.
    There is no trick just full Nuke!
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    Not only is yak a really bad fight to parse dps but you killed him in 1min? impressive! or rather trying and failing to look cool
    Ok I completed the list for better understanding.
    By the way, the topic asked what is the Max DPS.
    And it was T5, not T1.
    Last edited by Vyky; 4th August 2015 at 16:30.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

The answer is still 372.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    Shax!

It was the adds not the boss.
    Before the first They Hunger came out.
    It was a wipe after that not a kill.
    Tanks pulled the adds together in a fine circle.
    It was an ideal time for Archfiends Pact with Waves of Flame while I get the Holy Cleansing.
    There is no trick just full Nuke!
    Aha, then I can understand! :-)

A one minute parse is mostly irrelevant. Over the course of a 6 or 8 minute kill, you'd have a lot more average time with buffs on cooldown than the first minute.

This reminds me of sins and conqs that did 30 sec straw man parses to show off burst dps. Over a minute 10K+ dps is possible on Yak adds and who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    The answer is still 372.
    The answer is...42.

The question is how can you not do max dps on a demo? Oh wait, I don't have 100 pages of worthless subjective parsing so I can pretend to be credible...

I'll just settle for 42.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast