Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it necessary to obtain pvp4 or 5 before reaching 80lvl?

Question Is it necessary to obtain pvp4 or 5 before reaching 80lvl?

Hello everybody!

I have a sin 39lvl atm with pvp 2lvl. My plan was to stay at 39lvl until pvp 3lvl and then level up to 59 so I'll play again minis until pvp4 or 5. My thought was that when I'll reach lvl80 I'll be also pvp4 or 5 in order to be able to buy immediately pvp4 gear from armory.

I said "my plan was", cause I start to reconsider. While waiting for minis to occur, I spend time in armory and I compare pvp gear with raid and khitai gear from aoc>tv.

I end in some conclusions
    a) pvp4 gear is CRAP. It is easier and less time consuming to obtain appropriate khitai purples for my sin with even or better stats than pvp5 gear.
    b) raid gear (especially T4) is far more superior than any pvp10 gear.
    c) When I'll be grinding khitai I'll also earn AAs which are significant for PvP survivability.
    d) a+b+c = I am wasting my time in 39 minis and I'll wasting my time in 59 minis.

What do you think? Do you agree with my conclusions or I am missing info and I cannot see the big picture? Many AoC players says that you should reach pvp5 before reaching 80lvl. Why do they say that? Without Khitai I could agree... But considering the above conclusions I disagree.

Please AoC veterans, enlighten me!!!

PS lately when I am logged in there's not many 39minis running. I barely catch one or two matches. So pvp leveling is even more time consuming procedure...
    Last edited by Noumides; 1st November 2013 at 09:31.

IF you on crom i suggest u go 80 ASAP, get khitai gear and then try get into t2-t3-t4 raids.

if u on fury, go 80, get epic gear, start fun in pvp, or then join some guild which is starting t4 raiding squad

if u on rage then u will be doing random minis and dungeons,,, lowest population thou
    The Law

pretty sure hes on Fury, getting a pvplvl on lowbie at Crom is impossible.
    Kinaputten

Thank you for your answers and yes I am at fury. Sorry, I forgot to mention...

I knew it that I am wasting my time.

I saw a pvp6(!) guard at lvl39. I suppose he intents to stay f2p... or less likely he is ingorant like me...

PvP levels at lowbie are, in my opinion, tedious to get and useless (not to mention i hate lowbie pvp though energy mate it bearable). The main problem you'll have if you get lots of PvP levels at lowbie is you won't have the campaign badges that are necessary to purchase the T2 PvP gear.

In my opinion, the best is to get maybe PvP 1/2 via lowbie minis to get use to game mechancis and the pace of combat. Then reach 80 and get the PvP gear you can and complete it, depending on your class, with blue crafted gear and khitai epics.

If you are subbed, you'll reach level 80 with 79 AA points. That's enough to get most the usefull AA stuf to both start PvPing and PvEing as a sin.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

It used to be very profitable to grind PvP levels low levels as there was so much noobs roaming around to gank, but now days its quite changed.

In my opinion the biggest thing is to get AA points after you ding level 80. Those AA feats makes such a big difference and you only gain points at level 80 reasonable fast. Also you can buy from Items store PvP 5 set when you ding 80 what helps you quite lot in 80lvl minis.

If I would have to start from beginning my PvP career I would do this:

1) Get level 80 fast as possible
    2) Go credit card warrior to buy PvP 5 set
    3) Do minigames and questing/ganking in Khitai zones while waiting minigames to start. (You get useful loot/epics from questing in Khitai)

PS. Also you may go farm Border Kingdoms Cimmerian End thingy callled "Shrines of Bori". It has nothing to do with PvP, but you get best PvP gear and fastest AA progress from there with like minded noob group. Its about farming trees and stones.

Vehl you have a good point!

I thought it myself in the past but I supposed that I am missing the big picture...

Oh and level 80 minis can be really harsh place for just dinged 80lvl. You can face there old veterans with all possible gear, skills and experience which means you die many times in one second.

What Galadh said, but on the other hand this means, that low level minis are still a place where you can have a completely different gameplay and balance throughout the classes. So it is a matter of taste, too.

Concerning power, it is best to get 80 fast.
    Concerning kd, be prepared to grind a lot pve first though.
    Concerning fun, not always the case. And you can't go back (unless you reroll).

Luckily you can have both...an 80 to grind and a low level for fun.

Every class i start i stick with blue faction gear to pvp 4. You wont feel that competitive but personally i hate wasting time on pve so i jump into the hot oven straight when i hit 80
    Pvp 4 is pretty fast to reach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast