Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which soldier takes the most skill to tank effectively?

Lots of insightful posts and discussions here. My experience is from a player who has a full T4 Conquerer, a full T4 Dark Templar and a partial T4 Guardian.

First up if skill is setting up spec and gear, then I would put the order as DT > Conq > Guardian. But I highly doubt this is what the real question is getting at.

As for 'tanking effectively' as the subject says, I think there's two ways of looking at it. If you want to be just okay, then I would say Guardian is bar far the easiest. There's more average guards than you can poke a stick at and they do the job because the baseline of the guardian is just so strong. And there's so many average guards because there are so many average players. From my experience there are not so many average Conqs and DTs - either they are just plain terrible or they are great, because you either know how to do it or just fail. So if the question is 'what's the soldier that takes the least skill to just be okay', it is Guardian.

If you are looking at reaching the absolute potential, the question surely must come down between Guardians and Conquerors. DTs might have the edge in the thought process behind gear, spec, AA and all that associated set up, but playing them is mindlessly easy. They basically play themselves.

Between Guards and Conqs, I'm not sure. They each have a lot of choice in them and people who dismiss one or the other quickly probably just aren't experienced in them enough to recognise what decisions can be made on the fly.

So after that long winded explanation, Guards are the easiest to be okay at which is why you see so many Guards that are plain average. To reach their peak I would put Guards and Conqs as equals and DTs significantly behind that because they are OP as **** in PVE and if you can't do it well there's something wrong with you.

DT takes no skill All about Gear and AA
    Conq is easy They hav bubbles
    Guard is easy too but u have to Tank on a Guard

Quote Originally Posted by aegeas View Post
    (theoretically possible in a universe without stop signs)
    There is no STOP SIGN
    Soullostt PVP9 Demo
    and 11 others I play here and there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123