Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battlefield 4

I tried the open beta. It was meh. I'm going to spend my money on some sweet kushite wings instead lol

What is the reason for buying Battlefield 4 if one has Battlefield 3 (which has had empty maps for half a year already: Wake Island (HC) and all flying maps (HC), while all other HC maps had only 1-3 servers)? It looks like the company is just milking money by relaunching the same thing over and over. The fourth part will be empty in a year or so as well.
    I shall not fall for this, sorry.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 31st October 2013 at 06:34.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    What is the reason for buying Battlefield 4 if one has Battlefield 3 (which has had empty maps for half a year already: Wake Island (HC) and all flying maps (HC), while all other HC maps had only 1-3 servers)? It looks like the company is just milking money by relaunching the same thing over and over. The fourth part will be empty in a year or so as well.
    Well if you're bringing up this argument then i really hope that you didnt buy Call of Duty every year instead.
    Act/Blizz has been doing the same thing you mentioned for years now and yet every Call of Duty has been setting sales records. Innovation? Zero. Actual reasons to buy the new one? Zero. Customizable Servers via dedicated servers? Zero. Price? 60$/€ +X for premium.
    Kinda shows how dumb the general customer seems to be when its about the contents of his wallet.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Was going to buy BF4 until i noticed non of my favorite battlefield communities had server licenses anymore.

Because of that i will now wait for the game to be sold cheap later on.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Totally agree on the above. The BF4 servers will be busy for a year, maybe 2, before it slows down and BF3 will have a very small selection of servers that are cool. I wish it were like the old days when you could buy a game, host your own server, make your own maps, and play the same game with the same people for 4 years.

The world has changed.

Only need 3 letters to explain it Navin and that is DLC.

If People are happy with the base game and community content they are not paying for dlc, so they decided to not make the players happy with the base game and not allow the community to add to the game.
    I am Stian ingame...

I played the beta and it was fun, a big step up from BF3. But I don't support EA so will not buy this. When it comes to FPS games I try support the companies that support us with tools such as 'mod tools', host your own server. The same goes for COD:Ghost, I'll only be buying it if they have dedicated servers and mod tools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12