Thread: Offline announcements: then and now

Default Offline announcements: then and now

In the past...

When there was downtime scheduled, Funcom would post a time and date for the planned update/maintenance, then post when the servers went down and then post when the servers are back up.

Its easier to see on here if the game is online than to have to try and reload the game every time, even though it does say now that the game is offline when you try and load it.

Could Tarib or another forum manager start posting again when the game is down and when its back up again?

Thank you

Are you saying you need someone to tell you when it is 7:30am est??? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    Are you saying you need someone to tell you when it is 7:30am est??? Really?
    The game is rarely, if ever, down for the time they say. Often it's down for tens of minutes when they say hours.

They announce on forums when it's back up.. and it's down at the time they announce it will be done.. what's the problem?

Its a courtesy thing. Used to be that they announced the servers being down and the servers being up.

If no one else cares then whatever.

You can try explore other rooms of the home or even enjoy the fresh air.
    We will be Serious after death.

They still do announce when the servers are down and available again - http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=186026

You simply need to check Age of Conan Global Forums > Voice of Crom > Announcements to see any maintenance/patch info.

No, they announce that the servers are going to go down and when it is supposed to happen, then announce when they are up again.

I think the change came when they merged the US and EU Forums, as I can't find an example to post.

Its a moot point, am at work now and the servers went up about 10 minutes before I had to go to earn enough money to feed the yorkie and poodle and two westies their medical diet.

Already saw the cat with stick fleas and a healing hole in his chest (maybe from chicken wire, since stick fleas are most common on chickens), I think the next appointment is for a cat flying to New Hampshire. Then I have a cat neuter and cat spay yet this morning. AOC is my stress relief from work.

So I don't get a lot of fresh air during the day either.

The OP has a point. I even remember patchnotes posted up front and after.

To those bashing a completely valid concern:

One post is an anouncement. The second is confirmation of them really being down or if it is cancelled or postphoned. The third would be the official "servers up" post. That is called good communication.

Just someone saying "i will rob the bank in 10 minutes" does not mean that it will really happen... That's a fact and not all the "look at clock" skills in the world can change this.