Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Automatic weapon switch

Default Automatic weapon switch

I think that funcom should make it so that when I press a greyed out combo (because I don't have the right weapon equipped) that my character should automatically swap weapons and use the combo I hit. This is where it would really help out.

Say I am on my barb and I have both wreck armors and ww are used and the boss has all shields up. I can't do an upheaval (white hits would hit harder) and I have the other 2 combos that hit form the other angles used. The best option is to switch weapons and do a butcher/2h upheaval. However, I a raid there is a lot of lag so when I switch weapons I may cut the current combo short or I may switch weapons twice due to lag or the weapon swap will take way too long. This is not to mention that I can't pre-load a 2h combo if I am currently doing a dual wield combo. Automatic weapon swapping would fix all these issues.

In pvp it is still the same scenario. Usually the lag isn't quite as bad because there are less ppl but when I am in a siege it is way worse in which case I would really need this. Also because pvp is so fast paced, and if I do have the slightest bit of latency at the time (pve there is constant latency) I will have all the problems listed in the above paragraph.

I know I am not speaking just for myself because a lot of people in ts/vent tell me that the main reason why they have problems with a barb (also applies to conq) is the weapon switching and this would be an easy fix. I if you hit a white combo (because you have wrong weapon equipped) you character will automatically swap weapons and perform the combo. Easy fix that solves all lag issues.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

nonono, i would hate that ;(
    The Law

Weapons switch is part of the game, and it's just about skill imo.
    Maybe do you want autocombo too ? And auto abilities ? :/

y and remove combo steps, disable jumping and if everything will fail give 'I want win' button.

Why dont we just roll dices to see who won a duel or a mini.. And get on with our rl.. Plz man just drop it. If ur having trouble switching wpns u need to gtfo.. Im kinda tired of ur pointless posts
    "Stalk them like a ranger, kill them swiftly like a sin and brag about it laterz like a true barbarian"

Trippel the sin..

I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is thinking.

This is beyond retarded, and don't complain because your bad and can't switch you weapons fast enough to use a CC in pvp.

obviously non of you have played a melee class because there is no skill involved when lag gets in your way.
    lag hits the player hardest when swapping weapons (don't know why but it is just the case) and I know other ppl vouch for me so I posted it for them as well

for automatic combos, there are macros for that
    for automatic mini wins(your just making ******* statements)

but for real folks, plz support me on this, and this has nothing to do with the barbarian class, but several including conq, guard and sometimes ranger.

also, sense this mainly affects the barb, conq and guard, there rest of you don't need to be so negative sense the rest of you don't ever need to swap weapons. (because you play easy classes)

and for those of you that say you wouldn't want it (when I know you would) funcom could make a simple option to disable auto weapon switch. easy
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 27th October 2013 at 23:53.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Switching weapons takes less than a second if you bind it close enough for you to react...

No lag dosnt do much on switching weapons only time the game annoys me is when I press my combos or abilities they fail to go off due to broken game engine or lag.

@throughthedoor Pls delete game and gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by darknight80 View Post
    @throughthedoor Pls delete game and gtfo
    +1

Change weaon swith from shift+r, to just r. See if that helps. If not, then /uninstall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast