Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Automatic weapon switch

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    Shields up? Strafe the mob and hit finisher on unshielded side. Strafing is an important part of playing a melee.

Upheaval and Cyclone has finishers on 'up'.

And then you got Whirlwind, Bone Shatter/Jagged Cut and four ranks of Wreck Armor.
    I only have major lag issues on raids and sieges, sometimes in js; basically never solo.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Why do i have a feeling that this is another try to get the "make CC work on both weapons"-topic back alive?
    it's an alternative for being such a gimped class, the one of 12 classes shouldn't have such a struggle over the rest
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I only have major lag issues on raids and sieges, sometimes in js; basically never solo.
    I never said anything about soloing. In case you don't know, a "mob" is short for "mobile", a moving hostile computer controlled object in the game. As far as I know, nothing in neither raids nor minigames permanently root you in place so you are immobile through the fight.
    Last edited by Zoeri; 28th October 2013 at 20:50.

Normally I am with you as you have valid points (sometime) with barb, but this suggestion is down right ridicules. If anything I think they should just ADD some classes to have to switch weps... Aka pom, demo, necro... But then again I guess those classes were made for less coordinated people or people that just like easy mode... But back on topic.. DO NOT DUMB DOWN THE GAME ANY MORE THAN IT ALREADY IS!!!!!!!!!!!

Punk; if you think PoM is easy in PvP you need to come teach me a few things ~

As for OP ~ I advocate making it a feature at the very least. Then if you're too "hardcore": don't use it. This would allow us to multi-task while fighting. Drink a "pot", chat and/or eat some chips ...

You wonder why PvP gets no love? Comments like "delete your post" and "are you retarded" would make any developer ignore you.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Seems people have LEARN2READ issues. The reason why OP is asking for this is the fu*king lag that ruins the switching game play. BUT, I would rather they fix what the lag does to weapon switches and melee combat, as my char is VERY often interrupting his own combos after I switch to dw/2h. This means that I switch weapons, do the initial hit, and while I'm doing the initial hit I hit the follow up directional attack and boom, WHITE initial hit interrupted by a follow up WHITE hit, which should be impossible. OR another one, where I switch weapons, and can't do the initial hit because my character seems to change his mind 0.1 seconds after i hit the lets say f3 key, meaning I have to do it again. The latter example isn't as bad as the former, but that's valuable time lost to lag.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    it's an alternative for being such a gimped class, the one of 12 classes shouldn't have such a struggle over the rest
    .............. Barb gimped? Really?!? Are you ****ing kidding me!?!

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Seems people have LEARN2READ issues...
    Who the f*ck are you talking to mate? No bother; take yer' bad attitude and shove-off!
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Seems people have LEARN2READ issues. The reason why OP is asking for this is the fu*king lag that ruins the switching game play. BUT, I would rather they fix what the lag does to weapon switches and melee combat, as my char is VERY often interrupting his own combos after I switch to dw/2h. This means that I switch weapons, do the initial hit, and while I'm doing the initial hit I hit the follow up directional attack and boom, WHITE initial hit interrupted by a follow up WHITE hit, which should be impossible. OR another one, where I switch weapons, and can't do the initial hit because my character seems to change his mind 0.1 seconds after i hit the lets say f3 key, meaning I have to do it again. The latter example isn't as bad as the former, but that's valuable time lost to lag.
    A lot of combo steps and finishers i have to press twice for the game even to register them. AND there is an artificial pause for weaponswitching.

I doubt even automatic switching will help here much. You might evn get more freezes, since the more the game tries to calculate "instantly" (here: new animations AND combo animations) the worse it will get. It is bad enough with people executing several instant things at once.

And for remapping from "shift"+"r" to "r" helped a lot, too.

Sadly with the current management choices and competence, i doubt we get better latency any time soon. What technically might help is a reduction of instant things and a slower combat. Sure, all would prefer a fastpaced and FPS like combat, but for me the point is reached, where i would be fine with less instants and slower speed in exchange for less "teleports" and "freezes" or "cancelled combos" and "rubberbanding". If done clever, this does not even have to affect combat speed much, but it would require at least one competent dev concentrating on it.

Ye, i wasn't exactly hoping for auto switching, because I don't see the point for fc to handhold us even more, but it'd be nice if these lag related problems were accepted by fc so that they could actually try to work on a fix, like reducing speed. I've done some duels lately and the ammount of teleports is just insane (not even gonna mention combos showing on castbar first at 50% and ending prematurely at 80% :P). Dunno how CS did it, but even when I had 150ping and shot at someone's head, that head would eventually pop. And let's not even compare the hit boxes ;b
    Last edited by SamHam; 30th October 2013 at 08:40.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123