Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random encounters

There are some "triggerable" encounters in the resource areas with lots of potential.

Like the shaman hut and altar in Purple Lotus, the harbinger in Poitan and the totem in Laceish. They would be perfect for content in between solo, groups and raids.

Also these zones use a "random" encounter table already...now imagine this a bit expanded with a unique loot list (like purple) too. There could be a counter increasing the chance of spawning a boss, depending on how many minions have been slain for example (like an overly jealous prospector boss)...

Expanding is mostly a better route than removing or replacing content and easier than adding completely new stuff that might seem out of place (amphi fire demon boss for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    "We" do not agree with you
    #19-onwards (There are reasons wherefore world bosses in their previous form did not work well at all; but they can work at the next anniversary.)

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=185979&page=2

Dubhuir, no, there are many epic roaming bosses in Epic Instances.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 29th October 2013 at 09:00.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Id love to see Public Random Quest Events would fit the Rise of the Godslayer factions so much. I actualy thought something like that was gonna come with the expansion with all these faction warfare but there is no warfare tbh.

Imagen PvP Server or even PvE with PvP between players of different faction.

Quest Event starts Hyrk starts a raid against the Wolfs and you help them out while the other faction members gets an event like "Defend against the ambush" when the Hyrk Faction / Players gets close to the camp and a fight between the faction takes course.

After this there can also be follow up quests depending how it goes. Maybe the Wolfs will defend themself and drive them away and launch their own raid back to the others or some other nasty stuff

Sorry for my sucky english but i would love something like that
    What you guys think?

I thought the OP was asking about random boss encounters like we had for the 5th anniversary. Not permanent world bosses. I read it as they were asking if the halloween event, or any other short-term event, was going to have random boss encounters like the 5th anniv.

Oh, and the suggestion of Thoth and Sheng skipping through NG holding pinkies with Basilisk on a ruby jeweled leash is funny as hell. I would renew my sub just to see that.
    Last edited by kinlock; 29th October 2013 at 14:43.

Sorry, not sure what to call it but I am talking about when the Wyrm/Kraken/Black Dragon would appear at Yakhmar's Cave/Khemi Docks/Conan's Castle at random intervals, not these permanent world bosses or triggerable events. People would group together to kill these bosses and get epic loot (T1 gear), social gear, AA bonuses, etc.

I just find that to be fun on an occasional basis (whereas when it happened in Rift, it was kind of annoying because it was too frequent).
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by dubhuir View Post
    Aren't they the only examples?
    raid bosses from factions in chosain also
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12