Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the Halloween Event!

Heck yeah funcom! I had an amazing time doing it, in fact I've been doing it several times over with alts. I like the vanity and Conarch is probably my favorite place in the game anyway so I'm really glad you chose there. That's two great events in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I really was afraid they would do that, but I am happy that my fears were confuted!
    but why? Sure the world bosses are simple silly fun. but I don't see how they can hurt anyone. well ofc the lag is gonna be massive in whatever zone it chose to appear in
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Smile

I am having a lot of fun with the Halloween event, its awesome, little stuff like this keeps the game fresh and folks happy!

thank you funcom, this event is really really great....

does someone know if it's possible to do a kind of wolf howl emote with the lycan buff ? this would be terrific.

I am just doing it daily, sending crates to my lowbies!

Angrybarb, fun is challenge and scaled rewards!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Ye the even was nice with pretty neat rewards. Thanks FC team.

I am just doing it daily, sending crates to my lowbies!

Angrybarb, fun is challenge and scaled rewards!
    yes... but this event, fun as it may be, is not really a challenge. and the world bosses does at least require some tanks. you can't just bulldoze the world boss without lvl 80 tanks with some decent gear, and healers etc.

In short, world bosses is just another "easy silly event" which is fine. I just didn't get your reason for disliking them.
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 28th October 2013 at 08:04.
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I think this event was amazing. Fun story, you didn't need 'gear and AA'©®™, was not to much running around involved, some nice vanity rewards, cloaks selling for a decent amount to the vendors, some nice extra candy boosts and the TSW-links.

So thanks a lot for this great little event.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    In short, world bosses is just another "easy silly event" which is fine. I just didn't get your reason for disliking them.
    As I said on IRC, the bosses were too simple (no groups needed to be formed, no one was wiped out during the fight in progress), they required no tactics (tank-and-spank), they were exploiting PVE experience (level 16 getting to 24 with no effort on a PVE server with one crossbow kill), the rewards were too high (T1 gear and weapons for Tortage characters for 5 minutes of painless and dull crossbow aiming), and they appeared too often (1-2 spawns per day would be enough) to find a group for a low-level dungeon.

Besides, we have enough of world bosses already (Paikang, Northern Grasslands, or just any epic area boss) if you are really into that.

The current event has just tradeable rewards, some tactics (people were actually asking for help (?!)), and experience gain is all right.

The idea with anniversary world bosses only could work with XP exploits removed, rewards scaled, added complexity (for no added complexity, just go for Dagon or Golem), and a PVP (B&G is preferred) ruleset.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 28th October 2013 at 08:16.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

As I said on IRC, the bosses were too simple (no groups needed to be formed, no one was wiped out during the fight in progress), they required no tactics (tank-and-spank), they were exploiting PVE experience (level 16 getting to 24 with no effort on a PVE server with one crossbow kill), the rewards were too high (T1 gear and weapons for Tortage characters for 5 minutes of painless and dull crossbow aiming), and they appeared too often (1-2 spawns per day would be enough) to find a group for a low-level dungeon.

Besides, we have enough of world bosses already (Paikang and Northern Grasslands) if you are really into that.

The current event has just tradeable rewards, some tactics (people were actually asking for help (?!)), and experience gain is all right.

The idea with anniversary world bosses only could work with XP exploits removed, rewards scaled, added complexity (for no added complexity, just go for Dagon or Golem), and a PVP (B&G is preferred) ruleset.
    Fair enough. but since world bossea are part of the game now, they might as well be used now and then (maybe with some changes).
    and others...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast