Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Werewolves?

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I don't see the point of guild tag
    Well if you don't know the player, using guild tag can give usefull information. For instance, depending on your guild the Likelyhood of you being good or bad, dangerous or not varies. It's good to have so you can prioritize your targets and evaluate the situation faster.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyy View Post
    It doesn't show as blue for your team and red for other teams name tags?

Is this just me?

http://i.imgur.com/vvLcVD9.jpg

It's very easy to tell who's friendly and who's hostile. I have no one targeted, as you can see. They're either red or blue. I don't know why people don't play like this unless there really is some huge FPS loss that I don't know about as the other guy said.

I could turn off guild tag and pvp level too if I wanted, the name blue/red color itself would do the job. I just don't mind the extra stuff showing up.
    dude,, u got claims avaible
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Well if you don't know the player, using guild tag can give usefull information. For instance, depending on your guild the Likelyhood of you being good or bad, dangerous or not varies. It's good to have so you can prioritize your targets and evaluate the situation faster.
    Yeah I check it but I don't display this h24, it takes too much space on screen.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Yeah I check it but I don't display this h24, it takes too much space on screen.
    get a bigger screen ^^
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Or plain old guild full of you know whats.

lol, this topic is just hilarious in some strange masochistic derpy way.. but actually explains quite a lot of nonsense that can be seen in minigames, so thanks for that and keep spreading the wisdom..

btw it reminded me on a guy back in the days of T2, who was tanking for quite some time already, and it turned out he had no idea about the "targets target" indicator. so how do you know who´s got aggro, we asked and he answered he is watching who the boss is facing..
    well..
    Last edited by Argantes; 30th October 2013 at 08:11.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Well I bet it wouldn't annoy anybody if target's target was set on by default. It takes so little space on screen.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Dunno what sick gear you ppl are playing with, but my gtx580 is seriously taking a **** when there´s loads of people around and i use the name tags and health bars. I guess that'd be ok if I used some crappy GPU from the ancient times when aoc was released, but this one is several gens ahead.

I dunno about a performance impact I haven't turned them off a single time since I started pvping :P I'll check tonight out of curiosity.

I do have 3d damage numbers turned off cos they are hard to read and very distracting - I have a dedicated chat window for the combat log constantly open instead (with big letters). I'm pretty sure 3d numbers have a noticeable impact on performance.
    Last edited by kalston; 29th October 2013 at 14:53.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Tbh I hate the fact they can't give us the option to switch to 2d fonts/numbers. And I'm not just coming up with numbers, either. Khemi with nametags and healthbars (guild tags, pet tags and lvls are turned off already) means about 22-25fps average, while I get a 40-50% fps boost while turning them off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast